Marine Unit - how do I get into it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Marine Unit - how do I get into it?

I like boating and cruising around. How do I get into the Marine Unit so I can patrol in a boat?

Unregistered
    Donate to his campaign and also tell him he is a greatest and smartest person you ever met and you will be a shoe in.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I like boating and cruising around. How do I get into the Marine Unit so I can patrol in a boat?
    This applies to any unit you want to go to. Go ask people in the unit about it. Ride with them. Ask to assist with details they have. Practice whatever it is they do. For Marine you need to be good at boating, they will test your skills. If you really want it go get a captains license. Biggest oversight, do well at the job you have now and let your recommendations help as well. The person that does all this will rate well in the interview and do well on the test ride.

Unregistered
    Get as much boating and atv experience and certifications as you can. Marine and ELU are combined now, so you'll need to know both. Experience in saltwater and freshwater fishing and applicable laws is a benefit too. Basically, know as much as you can going in.

There is a HUGE difference between cruising on your personal boat on the weekend and running a law enforcement boat. Even very experienced boaters find it a challenge. You're operating in congested waters, shallow areas, responding to emergency calls, and in both good and horrible weather.

Related experience is very important, but so is agency experience, a good reputation, and a personality that will fit into a small, cols working unit like that.

There are only 5 deputy spots in marine /ELU right now, and there isn't a lot of turnover. If you, do a ride along with them and volunteer to help on holiday weekends if your CoC will let you. You will see what it's really like.

Unregistered
    Get as much boating and atv experience and certifications as you can. Marine and ELU are combined now, so you'll need to know both. Experience in saltwater and freshwater fishing and applicable laws is a benefit too. Basically, know as much as you can going in.

There is a HUGE difference between cruising on your personal boat on the weekend and running a law enforcement boat. Even very experienced boaters find it a challenge. You're operating in congested waters, shallow areas, responding to emergency calls, and in both good and horrible weather.

Related experience is very important, but so is agency experience, a good reputation, and a personality that will fit into a small, cols working unit like that.

There are only 5 deputy spots in marine /ELU right now, and there isn't a lot of turnover. If you, do a ride along with them and volunteer to help on holiday weekends if your CoC will let you. You will see what it's really like.
    If they only have five spots on the team, why are four of them cruising around in one boat wasting taxpayer money?

[img/]https://images.craigslist.org/00g0g_cSKe4mCB3Pq_1200x900.jpg[img]

Unregistered
    A little bit of history - CT and KG went from brief stints at the jail directly to the Marine and ELU unit. CT's dad was Sgt GT who was agency spokesman and KG's dad was a Lt at that time. Helps to have parents in high places. Quite a few were pizzed off because these jobs went to these two rookie clowns.

Unregistered
    A little bit of history - CT and KG went from brief stints at the jail directly to the Marine and ELU unit. CT's dad was Sgt GT who was agency spokesman and KG's dad was a Lt at that time. Helps to have parents in high places. Quite a few were pizzed off because these jobs went to these two rookie clowns.
    That's the BS that went on under the Rice Regim cause he and his drunk buds dolled out jobs to all their buds like the drunk sailors they were. This place wa run by Captain Morgan and Jack Daniels. That BS not happening these days. I know some idiot is going to post it's the same with different players. Save your keystrokes warrior and STFU. I think Everett is living at Safe Harbor maybe you can go visit.

Unregistered
    That's the BS that went on under the Rice Regim cause he and his drunk buds dolled out jobs to all their buds like the drunk sailors they were. This place wa run by Captain Morgan and Jack Daniels. That BS not happening these days. I know some idiot is going to post it's the same with different players. Save your keystrokes warrior and STFU. I think Everett is living at Safe Harbor maybe you can go visit.
    Yeah, that crap NEVER happens under the current ****tator. It's not like Steffen and Simovich didn't work hard for their multi-million dollar triple dip paychecks.

Unregistered
    The point is how those two rookies got the jobs many people coveted. If you don't have relatives or friends in high places you are screwed because others will get preferential treatment. It happened under every sheriff and it is happening today to an even greater extent. Gualtieri may be in on some of it but not all of it, but nepotism, sexism and corruption are alive and well.

Unregistered
    Sorry, but that's not true. Both worked the road and both were very productive for years. You may have dig into ACISS to see that since schedules were on paper back then, but before some of you stopped wearing diapers, they were on the streets. Go check with HR and get your facts straight before you cry foul. If they were so important why did they start in the jail at all? Nice try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast