deploymed soldier deciding between fhp or county
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

deploymed soldier deciding between fhp or county

Currently deployed overseas on my first deployment with the Florida Guard. Need some troopers/deputies/officers to paint me and good picture and help me out in the decision making process.

Unregistered

Deployed soldier juggling between fhp or county

Currently deployed overseas on my first deployment with the Florida Guard. Need some troopers/deputies/officers to paint me and good picture and help me out in the decision making process.

Unregistered
    Stay active duty or go reserve military (unless you can retire). Avoid full time police work or become a reserve on a department if you need. Obtain a college degree (if you don't already have). Find a career outside of law enforcement. Best advice I could offer sir.

Unregistered
    Work on a degree (if you don't have one) and go federal. I would certainly stay away from Fhp considering our pay issues. Perhaps a local sheriff office or city if you insist on local law enforcement.

Stay safe and God Bless

Unregistered

Do not

Yes, go federal. Don't live in Florida. This is a low wages state. Make your money in another state with less of a population. Come back to Florida and retire. We will have servents waiting for you.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the responses so far
    Though I'm still partially considering going federal and going back to school after the deployment, I don't want to get to far off track. I want to hear from fhp guys what they like about the job and how they find it fulfilling. Same thing from County guys, what to except, pros and cons, catches etc.

Unregistered
    It's 2016 and FHP pays 40k a year. Enough said.

Unregistered

dont do it

Go federal or look at a local sherriffs office money talks bullshit walks and after serving your country you deserve better than what fhp can offer

Unregistered
    Go federal like many other posts say. FHP is a good agency but the pay is absolutely awful. You're a lot better off in the federal sector or maybe perhaps a local police department with a strong budget/benefits. A lot of troopers have stayed in FHP because of the comfort of the job.

Best of luck and we thank you for serving our country!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far
    Though I'm still partially considering going federal and going back to school after the deployment, I don't want to get to far off track. I want to hear from fhp guys what they like about the job and how they find it fulfilling. Same thing from County guys, what to except, pros and cons, catches etc.
    As always the people doing the jobs. Road troopers, dispatchers, support staff, and some of the Sargent. Equipment is good. Yes, Florida dose not believe in higher wages but does offer overtime. That less time with your family, friends, and rest. At a stressful job were you have to make the right decisions. Truly the bad out weighs the good with this department.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast