deploymed soldier deciding between fhp or county - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You've hit the main points of too many employees of FHP; they are lucky to employed at anything above minimum wage based upon their education, lack of integrity, and lack of work ethic.
    "they are lucky to employed"

LMFAO

Yep, "they" are lucky indeed...

Unregistered
    I come on here asking about getting into law enforcement and it turned into an fhp shit talking session lol Just as bad as army is when in comes to platoon/unit rivalry
    If you think this is funny you should look at city of miamis leo affairs page

Unregistered
    Ok. So 19 with a G.Ed. and 2 years of public contact working behind the counter at Burger King.

This guy is a miserable POS. He's anti-everything. Don't listen to this clown. Follow your heart, get your degree and decide what is right for you.

Unregistered
    30k take home ... Yea join FHP

Unregistered
    30k take home ... Yea join FHP
    Troopers get f___ed by the f.h.penis never fails

Unregistered
    This guy is a miserable POS. He's anti-everything. Don't listen to this clown. Follow your heart, get your degree and decide what is right for you.
    So the truth hurts, little girl?

Unregistered

Florida National Guard

Currently deployed overseas on my first deployment with the Florida Guard. Need some troopers/deputies/officers to paint me and good picture and help me out in the decision making process.
    Nearly all Law Enforcement Agencies will work with you with your reserve/guard commitment, the exception would be some supervisors, and smaller city type agencies with a man-power problem.

Try to stay in your guard capacity for at least 20 years. After you reach this magic number, you will qualify for a monthly retirement check, and, Government family health insurance when you reach the age of 60. This insurance is a LOT cheaper than the current County/state policy. My tenure with the Florida Guard and my career with the FHP has served me and my family well.

Good luck, and, don't let the turkeys get you down.

Unregistered
    I never comment on these forums but I will bite this one time.

As you can see, by reading some of these posts, you have some illiterate people working for Fhp.

I am a former Trooper and absolutely loved the job. I will admit that the pay was substandard, but I knew that when I applied. My best recommendation is to apply, hopefully get hired, and give it a shot. You actually might like it. I completed a few years and left with a local agency. Officers in my department always have questions about Fhp. Now that I'm no longer Fhp, I can truly see and appreciate the respect y'all get from the local agencies. Our pay is well known but Troopers are known to hold their demeanor. Now, my salary is between an Fhp Sgt and Lt as a regular road patrol... But I still miss the road as a Trooper. Good luck.

Unregistered
    I never comment on these forums but I will bite this one time.

As you can see, by reading some of these posts, you have some illiterate people working for Fhp.

I am a former Trooper and absolutely loved the job. I will admit that the pay was substandard, but I knew that when I applied. My best recommendation is to apply, hopefully get hired, and give it a shot. You actually might like it. I completed a few years and left with a local agency. Officers in my department always have questions about Fhp. Now that I'm no longer Fhp, I can truly see and appreciate the respect y'all get from the local agencies. Our pay is well known but Troopers are known to hold their demeanor. Now, my salary is between an Fhp Sgt and Lt as a regular road patrol... But I still miss the road as a Trooper. Good luck.
    Why did you leave FHP?

Unregistered
    Why did you leave FHP?
    Pay... As stated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast