deploymed soldier deciding between fhp or county - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Keepin it real b
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Give me the run down/thoughts/how to and probability of getting in ,on all the specialized units in fhp
    Heres the deal kid the specialized unit side of the house is great srt k9 ciu but you need to ask yourself what if it takes a while to get on with said units or what if god forbid i dont make the tryout? Will I be happy working the "road" with the agency of assignment? If the answer is no keep looking. If you are from south florida I can tell you the city of miami, MDPD and miami beach are pretty much equal when it comes to their units. FHP is a great start and is a nice place to learn things like traffic stops, officer safety, how to work crashes and stuff but I'm speaking with the utmost honesty when I tell you that our pay is substandard and money is the motivator at the end of the day. If you are dead set on FHP come and apply and I encourage you to try for whatever unit you want but just realize that you will NOT be compensated for what you do.

Unregistered
    Since you only need to be 19 and have a G.Ed., you are actually over-compensated. That's why you came to FHP. The patrol gIves you value. You had the same background as the burger flipper at McDonald's when you entered the Academy. Now you have a salary, insurance, and a pension. Instead of bashing the patrol, take a better look at why you came here and say "thank you".

Unregistered
    Since you only need to be 19 and have a G.Ed., you are actually over-compensated. That's why you came to FHP. The patrol gIves you value. You had the same background as the burger flipper at McDonald's when you entered the Academy. Now you have a salary, insurance, and a pension. Instead of bashing the patrol, take a better look at why you came here and say "thank you".
    This person is the problem with the patrol. This is the reason why no one wants to work for the Florida Highway Patrol. Try saying this next time. You where a piece of crap but now we pay you and your a trooper. The people that promote. God help the patrol or governor please disband.

Unregistered
    Sad to admit, bit you nailed it.

Unregistered
    This person is the problem with the patrol. This is the reason why no one wants to work for the Florida Highway Patrol. Try saying this next time. You where a piece of crap but now we pay you and your a trooper. The people that promote. God help the patrol or governor please disband.
    Kinda hard to hear the truth, burger boy? If the qualifications were raised, which they should be, problem bitter people like you wouldn't be here but would be looking at troopers and asking, "Would you like fries with your order, sir?"

Unregistered
    It's admirable of you to seek out assistance before you jump into law enforcement. It's just sad that you asked for advice from FHP. When you review the responses, you'll see that they're from a bunch of crybabies who are disrespectful to everyone because they're so bitter. They knew the salary before they were hired, but they cry about it. They knew their job was to catch speeders and investigate crashes, but they cry about their working conditions. No one forced them to join FHP and no one will be upset when they leave. If you want to be a cop, go where the officers have integrity and a mutual respect for each other. Luckily, not everyone is like the whiners who responded to you. Some are educated and professional and make the State proud. But just like every agency, you'll have the non-achievers who attempt to dissuade others from joining. You are probably far above those guys and would be a welcome addition to FHP. Actually you'll probably be their lieutenant soon because they'll never amount to anything more than a bitter, bitter trooper.
    This is a prime example of your average "Kool-Aid" drinker. Perhaps an administrator I would assume. This is precisely why this agency virtually meet receives any type of decent raises /step plan. We are not here to appear "bitter" or send a message of a "non achiever" but let's put things into perspective; shall we?

I work in a CAD county which my gross salary is 45,000. Let's subtract 25% for federal income taxes and union dues, now that figure is 2,817 a MONTH. That's in a CAD county so that means you are FORCED to put in extra hours.

So when these previous posters say things like "welcome addition to FHP", you make sure you tell your mortgage/ landlord about that proudness.

I work plenty of off-duty and I'm very close to retiring personally that's why I'm here.

So when these self-acclaimed recruiters come on here making you believe that BULLS... that they give you, make sure you think twice about your finances.

Also, keep in mind that now FRS is a 30 year system for the pension program. So, you'd pretty much have to go investment, and divert at least 10-15% of your take home pay to create your very own retirement plan to supplement your FHP retirement which qualifies you for Obamacare.

Unregistered
    **doesnt receive any decent pay raise.

Typo

Unregistered
    Actually there are quite a few troopers with college degrees and years of military experience...they leave for better paying agencies because at the end of the day FHP is a training institution. Not everyone ate crayons and smoked pot before they applied like you did. By the way I was not bashing the patrol I was telling the truth. FHP does not pay its employees properly and despite whatever backward 2 road county you come from there are other parts of the state where troopers have been shot at run over and burned alive in crashes all for barely 42k a year (33 if you live up north). so stfu go back to playing your banjo and banging your relatives in your trailer park, jackass.

Unregistered
    Actually there are quite a few troopers with college degrees and years of military experience...they leave for better paying agencies because at the end of the day FHP is a training institution. Not everyone ate crayons and smoked pot before they applied like you did. By the way I was not bashing the patrol I was telling the truth. FHP does not pay its employees properly and despite whatever backward 2 road county you come from there are other parts of the state where troopers have been shot at run over and burned alive in crashes all for barely 42k a year (33 if you live up north). so stfu go back to playing your banjo and banging your relatives in your trailer park, jackass.
    I don't care who you are... This post is hilarious! LMFAOOOOO.

eating crayons.... Yummmmm

Unregistered

Sherrif trooper

Kinda hard to hear the truth, burger boy? If the qualifications were raised, which they should be, problem bitter people like you wouldn't be here but would be looking at troopers and asking, "Would you like fries with your order, sir?"
    I just took a x98 and some of the brass from the "good old days before they lowered the standards" are straight up Neanderthals who really dont keep up on current affairs. I really think the smart people leave fhp and the idiots get promoted , you know like the people who flipped burgers before they applied. God help you all with some of your lieutenants smh

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast