7% Raise
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7% Raise

Unregistered

7% Raise

I just threw back a few with the boss who said we are getting 7% this year that will be announced after the primary. I will now make $37,000 after 15 years.

Unregistered
    You must have thrown back more than a few if you believe that.

Unregistered

Respect

If he gives us 7 percent some respect may be regained. What I don't understand is why everything is agency wide. We are losing deputies at a high rate and it cost a lot to replace them considering the training. The sheriff always insists on giving every one the same raise each year. Are we losing secretaries at the same rate and do they cost as much to train? I think we know the answer. On the flip side our digital forensics people have skills in high demand in the private sector meaning they should see pay increases higher than deputies. This is just another example of how poor Mike's management skills are.

Unregistered
    If we get 7% I'll be shocked and I'll repost that I was wrong.

Unregistered
    Captains and above will be getting 7% Lts. and below 8 or 9 % might be spread out over the 12 month

Unregistered
    It will be 4.5

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Captains and above will be getting 7% Lts. and below 8 or 9 % might be spread out over the 12 month
    Why would you post an out right lie like this? Making statements like this shows why this agency is in such a turmoil. The raise will be 3% just like the rest of the county employees will be getting. The County Commissioners have already stated they would not be approving the sheriffs budget for anything more than that and that was not open to any negotiations.

Unregistered
    The Sheriff gets a pile of money determined by the County Manager ,the County manager does not tell him how to spend the
    $$, if the sheriff wants to give us a 7-9% pay raise he can do it, but he will feel the wrath of the county commission the
    following year Starting pay needs to be jacked up to at least 39,000

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Sheriff gets a pile of money determined by the County Manager ,the County manager does not tell him how to spend the
    $$, if the sheriff wants to give us a 7-9% pay raise he can do it, but he will feel the wrath of the county commission the
    following year Starting pay needs to be jacked up to at least 39,000
    This just shows how stupid you are. The sheriffs positions is a constitutional office and the county manger has zero in put into the process. You are right about the wrath of the county commissioners but the sheriff gets 1/12th of his budget each month not all at once so they still hold the purse strings and will not have to wait until next year. The sheriff turned in a budget which he can be held to it. If the budget doesn't show this amount for raises he will need their approval along with many more approvals during the year for spending money on non budget items. You should go to a few county commissioners meetings before you start running your mouth you moron.

Unregistered
    The sheriff also has to get county commissioners approval for each and every grant he applies for, forfeited funds he spends and more money for unexpected expenditures that may come up during the year. So if you think they will have to wait until next years budget your wrong. The county commissioners have more control over the sheriff than you think. He who holds the check book rules and they hold the check book not the sheriff. You should read our county charter and see how our system works.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast