How would you know

Unregistered

How would you know

A NC Trooper, recently attempted to stop a driver who was deaf. The subject didn't stop and a mini chase ensued. Upon finally getting the guy stopped, he failed to follow commands, assuming because he couldn't hear them, and during this encounter, was shot by the Trooper. Not sure how any deaf motorist hears sirens approaching, but my question is, how are we suppose to know about this prior to encountering deaf drivers? Might have a restricted license, but wouldn't think you would generally know this until you made the stop and physically looked at his license. Perhaps a perfect storm of being deaf and not being able to hear commands doesn't happen often enough to warrant changes, but I am sure just once is enough when we write out the big liability check. Maybe a tag header or designation should be implemented?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A NC Trooper, recently attempted to stop a driver who was deaf. The subject didn't stop and a mini chase ensued. Upon finally getting the guy stopped, he failed to follow commands, assuming because he couldn't hear them, and during this encounter, was shot by the Trooper. Not sure how any deaf motorist hears sirens approaching, but my question is, how are we suppose to know about this prior to encountering deaf drivers? Might have a restricted license, but wouldn't think you would generally know this until you made the stop and physically looked at his license. Perhaps a perfect storm of being deaf and not being able to hear commands doesn't happen often enough to warrant changes, but I am sure just once is enough when we write out the big liability check. Maybe a tag header or designation should be implemented?
    Or maybe just not be so shaking in your boots scared of a 100lb suspect and move away from the "comply or die" method of policing. How about that?

Unregistered
    All goes back to Graham vs Connor - did the LEO act reasonably given the situation and the info available?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    All goes back to Graham vs Connor - did the LEO act reasonably given the situation and the info available?
    Yup. As long as we have a good excuse, we can murder anyone we want. And now, according to a recent court ruling, we can take pics of the dead guy and text them to our friends too!

https://www.rt.com/usa/314874-police...body-pictures/

Unregistered
    ^^^^^ this clown must have a mouse in his pocket to say we.

No way that person is an officer.