Lucky again - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucky again

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Was the guy pointing the gun at the deputy? Or did the deputy see it in the suspect's hand as he was running?

Should the deputy just shoot the guy in the back? If YOU shoot someone who wasn't pointing a gun at you, you will end up in prison.

I wasn't there and can't see any reason to Monday morning QB him.
    You would tase the guy because he hadn't pointed the gun at you? You would actually transition to a taser on someone holding a gun? Simplified, you would go to a taser even after you saw a gun?

Unregistered
    You would tase the guy because he hadn't pointed the gun at you? You would actually transition to a taser on someone holding a gun? Simplified, you would go to a taser even after you saw a gun?
    I can't believe that's a question that has to be posed. The thread is titled "Lucky again". That's true. Training dictates you NEVER use a Taser to confront a suspect armed with a lethal force weapon without lethal cover. I'm not saying the deputy had the right to shoot at the time he deployed the Taser, but I am saying he got "lucky" that the scumbag decided not to shoot the deputy. If he had, we would be wearing mourning bands. I think most of our people need to go to a larger agency for FTO because even most of our "experienced" guys have less real experience than a PPD rookie.

Unregistered
    I can't believe that's a question that has to be posed. The thread is titled "Lucky again". That's true. Training dictates you NEVER use a Taser to confront a suspect armed with a lethal force weapon without lethal cover. I'm not saying the deputy had the right to shoot at the time he deployed the Taser, but I am saying he got "lucky" that the scumbag decided not to shoot the deputy. If he had, we would be wearing mourning bands. I think most of our people need to go to a larger agency for FTO because even most of our "experienced" guys have less real experience than a PPD rookie.
    Someone actually gets it. No "I dunno I wasn't there," or "what gives you the right to judge."

Extract your heads from your backsides and FOLLOW TRAINING. If that is too much, I would rather see you as a department store rent a cop rather than attending your funeral.

Unregistered
    I just want to add that what I heard is that almost immediately after it was put out he was s0, that he dumped the gun, then was tazed. Hope that's true, as it is alittle more justifiable in my mind then. Please learn from incidents like with MR of what the possible consequences are of responding to lethal force with a tazer with no lethal backup officer immediately 10-12

Unregistered

Wasn't there

Do you always chase suspects with your gun in your hand? The dude didn't show a gun until the last second. Stop the damn Monday morning quarterbacking.

If he had known the guy had a gun, you can bet he wouldn't have had a taser out. He's a good deputy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12