Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    He is over his head
    I don't really think he is in over his head as he has made a 30+ year LE career rising through the ranks and from what I have been told he is a nice guy. His problem is that he is making poor decisions and definitely listening to the wrong people. He has a wealth of knowledge at his fingertips with all of the seasoned agents and LT's across the state. Those are your lifelines. Listen to them! Instead he listens to FF, JR, and MG. FF still wants to make us the DEA and has made nothing but unhelpful policy decisions. JR just plagiarizes other agency policies without vetting them through the seasoned agents and LT's. MG is still just a tattletale trying to justify her overpaid position. Couple all of that with the guy's ego and blaming everything on our former director (TP) and things aren't looking too good.

Unregistered
    The guys ego is to big to take any advice from anyone, this is all him, no matter who he chooses to blame going further.

Unregistered
    I don't really think he is in over his head as he has made a 30+ year LE career rising through the ranks and from what I have been told he is a nice guy. His problem is that he is making poor decisions and definitely listening to the wrong people. He has a wealth of knowledge at his fingertips with all of the seasoned agents and LT's across the state. Those are your lifelines. Listen to them! Instead he listens to FF, JR, and MG. FF still wants to make us the DEA and has made nothing but unhelpful policy decisions. JR just plagiarizes other agency policies without vetting them through the seasoned agents and LT's. MG is still just a tattletale trying to justify her overpaid position. Couple all of that with the guy's ego and blaming everything on our former director (TP) and things aren't looking too good.
    Everyone has an agenda. The key to success is not to care.

Unregistered
    Come on Sterling clean house! Chief, Ass Chief, Majors, admin positions, who continue to make spread sheets to fill spread sheets to fill spread sheets to justify there jobs. Eliminate those positions they are not needed and help no one in the field.

Unregistered
    Sterling won’t do a damn thing. He was presented with the facts that insurance fraud raised there starting salary and everyone to 46,000 by using an internal budget and it only cost them 300,000 to give everyone that raise. We continue to give money back. The response from sterling was basically well licensing is extremely underpaid so deal with it.

Unregistered
    Sterling has a point. The rest of the agency hasn’t seen a raise in years. We make more than the folks in licensing and auditing - and their jobs are arguably more important than ours. Fact is - our role has become increasingly irrelevant and we still get to (largely) make our own hours and work choice secondary employment. In other words - quit being such a whiny *****

Unregistered
    Sterling has a point. The rest of the agency hasn’t seen a raise in years. We make more than the folks in licensing and auditing - and their jobs are arguably more important than ours. Fact is - our role has become increasingly irrelevant and we still get to (largely) make our own hours and work choice secondary employment. In other words - quit being such a whiny *****
    Wake up we are not real cops. The chief is not going to do anything plus we just got 7% or 10% last year.

Unregistered
    Wake up we are not real cops. The chief is not going to do anything plus we just got 7% or 10% last year.
    My high risk retirement says I am a "real cop"
    I think you meant to say we don't do traditional law enforcement.
    I did traditional law enforcement for a decade before coming here.
    I am grateful for this place every day.

We are paid well for the work we do.
    The chief has no input on raises.

When I talk to my "real cop" friends and tell them what I do, they are envious.

Unregistered
    My high risk retirement says I am a "real cop"
    I think you meant to say we don't do traditional law enforcement.
    I did traditional law enforcement for a decade before coming here.
    I am grateful for this place every day.

We are paid well for the work we do.
    The chief has no input on raises.

When I talk to my "real cop" friends and tell them what I do, they are envious.
    Exactly. Also exactly why the current Chief is not the right fit for here. He was the 3rd choice for a reason. That meant there were 2 more people they would rather have hired. Let that sink in!

Unregistered
    Exactly. Also exactly why the current Chief is not the right fit for here. He was the 3rd choice for a reason. That meant there were 2 more people they would rather have hired. Let that sink in!
    And you werent even considered! TBs a high character guy and a good leader who happens to work in a beauraucracy that has to deal with officer complaints and the union. The department has little time or desire for substantive reform after dealing with the worst of us. If we stopped acting like little girls - dropping silly complaints on one another - we may see some change. Until then- NOPE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast