We get a 2%?
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We get a 2%?

Unregistered

We get a 2%?

South Miami cops reject 6.2 percent pay raise — not enough money? http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e95103772.html

Unregistered
    Read all of the article. Way down into it, there is something referencing the 6.2% is the COLA plus "step eligibility." By that measure, we were offered 7% (2% + 5% step). No shock, the media gets something wrong.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    South Miami cops reject 6.2 percent pay raise — not enough money? http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e95103772.html
    They are also reducing their retirement contributions without reducing their benefits and adding pay steps!

Unregistered
    Read all of the article. Way down into it, there is something referencing the 6.2% is the COLA plus "step eligibility." By that measure, we were offered 7% (2% + 5% step). No shock, the media gets something wrong.
    BSO is saying they are offering a 2/2/1. I would vote yes if it wasn't for the $150+ insurance increase! With the insurance, it's really a 2/2/1 then -3%. Plus the 90/10 is an UNKNOWN number. The 5% 10th step needs to be offered without giving up the 4% first responder. All other departments are adding pay steps into their contracts without taking something.

Unregistered
    When did we get offered a fifth step? I think you're being a little less than honest.

Unregistered
    When did we get offered a fifth step? I think you're being a little less than honest.
    5% step I mean.

Unregistered
    I think your being a moron, it clearly says a 5% step. steps are 5% each.

Unregistered

NO fuc$&ng way

They are offering 2, 2 and open. No added step and the vehicle fee will be grandfathered in and screw the new guys. If we vote for this BS then we deserve what we get. Don't give in boys and girls. Keep fighting!

Unregistered
    Wrong again. They are not offering just a reopener. It will be a minimum of 2% year 3 with a reopener for more. Sore gas fees for anyone here until they retire and you can move as often as you want and keep the car too. I don't care about someone who may work for us in 10 years. We have to get what we can. Healthcare suck but we are still cheap. Family of 4 and you complain of $37 a month per person? Where else can you get that? No other union in BSO is getting anything in year 3, but we are. Holiday pay on top of this and we are fools not to take it. You can only squeeze so much out of a rock

Unregistered
    4x37= 148 a month.
    2percent increase= less than 148 a month

The raise ur giving me is going towards insurance. For that dont give me a raise a don't raise the insurance. That way I can still ***** about not getting a raise and u can't brag about having given me one. Last raise we got got erased by the 3 percent contribution to the FRS. If we are not getting a raises we need to get other benefits. Increase our comp hours to 200 hours. Increase our vacation cap to 420. U don't call out sick u can sell 80 hours of sick leave during the second to last pay period of the year or in the middle of the year to help you with holiday expenses or summer plans. Make it worth while for us not to take a big raise. Is bad enough that we had to pay 3 percent into FRS.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast