Newest debate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest debate

ClassyBlue

Newest debate

If you were like me and didn't get to see this debate then you can watch it here. http://www.wsre.org/local-programs/rally-2016/ it begins about the 24 minute mark and lasts about 20 minutes

It's getting close to election day and I can't wait to have a new Sheriff. As a deputy it makes me sick to see an organization being destroyed from the inside while being attacked from the outside too.

Unregistered

Hahahaha

Morgan, you're an idiot!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Morgan, you're an idiot!
    I couldn't agree more. Morgan is a smooth talking liar. He said the reason for the large turnover is because of the drop. You have to be at the department for 20 years or better I am sure which would mean maybe 4 deputies leaving, but even if it were 10 years or better then we still wouldn't have more than maybe 10 deputies leaving. The majority of the department hasn't been here but 8 years and less.

The drop excuse was so blatantly ignorant.

Then he tried to say that since crime was down 21 percent during the last 8 years and 16 percent so far this year then collectively crime is down 37 percent. Problem is that statistics don't work that way. Otherwise you could add how much thing have changed over the past 20 years and come up with a number over 100%. That is "leadership" we don't need. And, if someone else gave him that number then they too should be cut loose.

Unregistered
    I couldn't agree more. Morgan is a smooth talking liar. He said the reason for the large turnover is because of the drop. You have to be at the department for 20 years or better I am sure which would mean maybe 4 deputies leaving, but even if it were 10 years or better then we still wouldn't have more than maybe 10 deputies leaving. The majority of the department hasn't been here but 8 years and less.

Then he tried to say that since crime was down 21 percent during the last 8 years and 16 percent so far this year then collectively crime is down 37 percent. Problem is that statistics don't work that way. Otherwise you could add how much thing have changed over the past 20 years and come up with a number over 100%. That is "leadership" we don't need. And, if someone else gave him that number then they too should be cut loose.
    You actually have to be at the department 25 years before you can enter drop per FRS so his lie is even worse!!!

He did nothing but defend his failed policies and administration. Morale is not good nor even close to the middle, it's at the bottom Morgan.

The answer for deputy retention (Morgan and McNesby) isn't raising the starting salary, it's increasing everyone's salary and making the entire workforce happy. Just raising the starting salary is what started the compression issue (idiot McNesby since you were a part of that problem) and without raises, after the first 5 years when that new deputy that started off at a higher salary hasn't received a raise, he/she then leaves. Starting salaries are a short term Band-Aid that doesn't stop the bleeding, it just hides the wound from what it really looks like. You need to address ALL of the salaries so those new employees see the rewards and the deputies that have been here "loyal" are rewarded for training the new deputies. The supervisors that trained the deputies that trained the new guy needs a reward so we can call it the "trickle up effect". If either one of you idiots ever came to a shift muster and actually sat down with the guys, they would tell you (Morgan and McNesby). Each of you act like you're royalty, not enough time for the bottom tiered guy, you stand up looking down on your employees instead of sitting with your employees at their level. It's the basic's of being a boss or father. Sitting at eye level gains a sense or respect and openness. You cannot stand and demand respect and that's what each of you have always done. You parade around like you're everyone's friend and then dash out the back door after your 1 minute speech. Stop watching the White House news conferences, you're a lonely Sheriff in a poo-dunk redneck county in the middle of nowhere. 95% of America has no idea where Escambia County is nor can they pronounce it so climb down from your horse and put away your pearl handled gun cowboy.

Unregistered
    You actually have to be at the department 25 years before you can enter drop per FRS so his lie is even worse!!! ........

FYI - It isn't "25 years of service at the department" as you stated. In accordance with the Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP), a person can enroll in DROP once they are "vested and have reached normal retirement date."

A person becomes vested with as little as 6 years of service and has reached age 55, or has at least 25 total years of high risk service regardless of age. The length of service and retirement age will differ for those who arent in the "special risk" classification.

This can be verified via the FRS FAQ flyers available at this link: https://www.rol.frs.state.fl.us/forms/DROP-FAQ.pdf

Unregistered
    FYI - It isn't "25 years of service at the department" as you stated. In accordance with the Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP), a person can enroll in DROP once they are "vested and have reached normal retirement date."

A person becomes vested with as little as 6 years of service and has reached age 55, or has at least 25 total years of high risk service regardless of age. The length of service and retirement age will differ for those who arent in the "special risk" classification.

This can be verified via the FRS FAQ flyers available at this link: https://www.rol.frs.state.fl.us/forms/DROP-FAQ.pdf
    Bravo! Everyone is schooled on the DROP. The main issue is that the DROP is not the reason for a loss of so many deputies. Everyone is arguing the wrong idea. As the original poster pointed out, even if the the DROP started at 10 years or even at 6 years we still don't have enough deputies in the DROP to make a dent like we have now.

Unregistered

So, as stated, you must have 25 years of service. Most deputies that have "left" the department are not near the 55 years of age mark or 25 years of service mark. Haha! I have to laugh that you tried to argue the point and yet your information only proved him right. This has to be David Morgan himself, or Eric Haines making that post. No other individuals can be that dumb at this department.

Unregistered
    So, as stated, you must have 25 years of service. Most deputies that have "left" the department are not near the 55 years of age mark or 25 years of service mark. Haha! I have to laugh that you tried to argue the point and yet your information only proved him right. This has to be David Morgan himself, or Eric Haines making that post. No other individuals can be that dumb at this department.
    I wasnt trying to argue the point that numbers of departures from the agency was tied to DROP. My purpose for posting was to correct the comment which indicated:
    You actually have to be at the department 25 years before you can enter drop per FRS....

As noted, there are many different avenues to entering DROP. The comment made the poster no better than the current sheriff in spewing distorted BS information.

Unregistered
    I wasnt trying to argue the point that numbers of departures from the agency was tied to DROP. My purpose for posting was to correct the comment which indicated:
    You actually have to be at the department 25 years before you can enter drop per FRS....

As noted, there are many different avenues to entering DROP. The comment made the poster no better than the current sheriff in spewing distorted BS information.
    Touché, touché

Unregistered

Someone with an MBA adding stats?

Whata baffoon!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast