Mike Scott has destroyed the LCSO.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Mike Scott has destroyed the LCSO.

Mike Scott took over the best law enforcement agency on the West Florida, in 2004, Quality of manpower , equipment and pay.

The two previous sheriffs before Scott took on the county commissioners on over wages for the deputies. They did not promote Scott cause they knew he was not sophisticated and not to be trusted

We are down.125 cops and it will continue to go up.

Unregistered
    I agree Mike Scott has ruined this agency, we have the opportunity to fire him on August 30th. VOTE SCOTT OUT of office. We have the power to fire him and send him packing. Restore your constitutional rights by firing Mike Scott. Tell all your family, friends and neighbors to vote Scott out !!!!

If they only knew

If they only knew

If the public knew the real story Mike would not have a chance. The worst part about it, in Mike's mind he has succeeded. This joker really thinks he is a great sheriff. Especially since no one of any significance ran this year we will have at least four more years of this guy. I'm looking for the right opportunity to get out of LE. Combine working for Mike, the changing climate of the profession, and the low pay only a fool would stick it out. I understand we are only getting a 3% cost of living adjustment this year and no raise. That will help with retention. What a mess!

Unregistered

easy

When Scott took this job it was much easier. In 2004 the revenue was not a problem. When the economy went to shit the job became more challenging. To be a successful sheriff during those times would require good management skills and a sheriff with no other agendas but providing the best quality law enforcement possible. This is where the failures began. Throw on top of that the arrogance, and flawed thinking I will never be able to understand and you end up with the mess we have now. Future behavior is best predicted by past behavior which tells me things are not going to get better any time soon. We are a stepping stone agency at best. People with 3 to 5 years on and are marketable just leave for more money which leaves us with the ones that agencies with a living wage do not want. Good ole Lee County! Yee haa!!!

Unregistered
    Like the old saying " doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity " We need to come together and fire Scott. We have to vote him out of office on August 30th.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When Scott took this job it was much easier. In 2004 the revenue was not a problem. When the economy went to shit the job became more challenging. To be a successful sheriff during those times would require good management skills and a sheriff with no other agendas but providing the best quality law enforcement possible. This is where the failures began. Throw on top of that the arrogance, and flawed thinking I will never be able to understand and you end up with the mess we have now. Future behavior is best predicted by past behavior which tells me things are not going to get better any time soon. We are a stepping stone agency at best. People with 3 to 5 years on and are marketable just leave for more money which leaves us with the ones that agencies with a living wage do not want. Good ole Lee County! Yee haa!!!

Real estate values are up 98 % and the county revenues are higher now than in 2004.

Unregistered
    Real estate values are up 98 % and the county revenues are higher now than in 2004.
    That just proves Mike is a total idiot. He has the revenue and people are quitting 2 times the rate they can rehire. Of course other agencies have problems but nothing like Lee County. Totally pathetic!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by if they only knew View Post
    if the public knew the real story mike would not have a chance. The worst part about it, in mike's mind he has succeeded. This joker really thinks he is a great sheriff. Especially since no one of any significance ran this year we will have at least four more years of this guy. I'm looking for the right opportunity to get out of le. Combine working for mike, the changing climate of the profession, and the low pay only a fool would stick it out. I understand we are only getting a 3% cost of living adjustment this year and no raise. That will help with retention. What a mess!
    i guarantee the raise this year will be higher than 3!

Unregistered
    i guarantee the raise this year will be higher than 3!

Do you really think we are that stupid? It doesn't matter win or lose in August Scott has no reason to give us a raise in October. The election will be decide in the primary and Scott only cares about himself. Besides there are several people planning on addressing Crone and others double dipping in a county commissioners meeting. Scott thinks he can wait until after the election to deal with the others he is wrong. Everyone gets their 3 minutes to address any subject at each country commissioner meetings and the press are always there with their camera rolling. What do you think will happen when 15 or 20 people stand up and for 3 minutes each tell the county commissioners why they shouldn't approve Scott's budget request due to his incompetence and the thieves he allows to work there. Should make several days of interesting news reports.

Unregistered
    Do you really think we are that stupid? It doesn't matter win or lose in August Scott has no reason to give us a raise in October. The election will be decide in the primary and Scott only cares about himself. Besides there are several people planning on addressing Crone and others double dipping in a county commissioners meeting. Scott thinks he can wait until after the election to deal with the others he is wrong. Everyone gets their 3 minutes to address any subject at each country commissioner meetings and the press are always there with their camera rolling. What do you think will happen when 15 or 20 people stand up and for 3 minutes each tell the county commissioners why they shouldn't approve Scott's budget request due to his incompetence and the thieves he allows to work there. Should make several days of interesting news reports.
    Yeah tough guy lets see you get that chicken ass up there and say anything, and don't think there wont be 30-50 people with their 3 minutes saying what a great job he is doing. I know why don't you have the great union speak up, oh that's right their gone like you

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast