HCSO internal affair - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two officers or deputies? Also, officers don't allow anyone to "file Charges." That is what the SAO does, not the complainant, or Police/Sheriffs office...
    Yes, two officers. Officer C. is the one whom took the complaint from this person and Officer S. is the one whom assisted Officer C. with taking pictures of this person and his injuries.

Unregistered
    Were "charges filed" and a warrant issued or was an arrst made at the time of the incident? The terms you use are rather important to determine what actually happened? The circumstances around each incident can determine a variety of processes and outcomes. Next, why is your complaint coming about now, instead of three years ago?

Were "charges filed" and a warrant issued or was an arrst made at the time of the incident? The terms you use are rather important to determine what actually happened? The circumstances around each incident can determine a variety of processes and outcomes. Next, why is your complaint coming about now, instead of three years ago?
    Okay, I was picked up on a warrant but the two officers could have spoken to me before the charges were filed with the clerks office on Monday, September 30, 2013.

Monday, September 9, 2013 the "victim" said I attacked him and got away in a red two door "sports car".

I couldn't do anything about it because the case was still open. Now it's closed and I want to do something about it.
    I couldn't do anything about it until the case is completely closed and it was closed just last month.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 both officers were in the Dade City courthouse to whereas I was trying to place an injunction against the "victim" which I filed on Friday, August 30, 2013.

Monday, September 30, 2013 the paperwork was filed with the state attorney's office.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 I was picked up on a warrant.
    Last edited by jmr121372; 08-08-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Unregistered
    What were the charges?

Were your whereabouts known after the incident?

Unregistered
    Yes, they could have but they do not always have the ability, especially since you departed the scene. On misdemeanor charges, like a domestic battery, they usually direct file the affidavit to the State Attorney's Office. It is the SAO that will in turn determine if there is probable cause to issue a warrant for your arrest. I suspect that your paperwork had already been submitted on 09/30/13. Do you have any idea if the officers tried to contact you via phone or at your residence, or we're your whereabouts unknown? As you are probably aware now, the burden of proof for a conviction is proof beyond each and every reasonable doubt. The judicial process took over three years, strange. What took so long?

Unregistered
    It is called Professional Standards....not IA.
    I lived there for couple of months before I was reinstated.
    No sire your will not like it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr121372 View Post
    Yes, two officers. Officer C. is the one whom took the complaint from this person and Officer S. is the one whom assisted Officer C. with taking pictures of this person and his injuries.
    If they were officers and not deputies, then you have the wrong agency.... HCSO has deputies, TPD has officers...

What were the charges?

Were your whereabouts known after the incident?
    Aggravated Battery With A Deadly Weapon

The "victim" lied about knowing where I lived and lied about the two door sports car to the officers. Again, the two officers saw me eight days after the "alleged crime" which is also thirteen days before the paperwork was filed with the clerks office.

Yes, they could have but they do not always have the ability, especially since you departed the scene. On misdemeanor charges, like a domestic battery, they usually direct file the affidavit to the State Attorney's Office. It is the SAO that will in turn determine if there is probable cause to issue a warrant for your arrest. I suspect that your paperwork had already been submitted on 09/30/13. Do you have any idea if the officers tried to contact you via phone or at your residence, or we're your whereabouts unknown? As you are probably aware now, the burden of proof for a conviction is proof beyond each and every reasonable doubt. The judicial process took over three years, strange. What took so long?
    The court took so long because they had to see if I was "competent" to stand trial. The trail was over on Wednesday, May 4, 2016.

If they were officers and not deputies, then you have the wrong agency.... HCSO has deputies, TPD has officers...
    Thank you for making that clear.

Then yes, they are deputies.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast