Officer from other department
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Officer from other department

I was thinking about applying with you guys and was wondering how is your guys current contract I heard that you guys got all your stuff back is that true ? And please I know a few of you guys are going to say apply to the county or beach I know how good it is over there but I was wondering about you guys if they don't work out.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was thinking about applying with you guys and was wondering how is your guys current contract I heard that you guys got all your stuff back is that true ? And please I know a few of you guys are going to say apply to the county or beach I know how good it is over there but I was wondering about you guys if they don't work out.
    Check out The Lube Promotion Chant thread then search "Lube". The County and Beach do not have that special blend of leadership, tenacity, and passion. I think you'll have all your questions answered.

Unregistered
    No we did not just our steps form 8 years ago. This place is not looking so good right. If I had under ten years I would live

Unregistered
    So what did you guys get in this new contract of yours? And can you guys post a copy of it here so I could read it?

Unregistered
    Just step raises they took away almost 8 years ago. The most important part was the pension changes that were not reinstated. You have to think long term not so much what your getting now. You would have to stay here almost 30 years and unless you are related or sleeping with someone that's a long time to work in a corrupt city.

Unregistered
    No we did not just our steps form 8 years ago. This place is not looking so good right. If I had under ten years I would live
    With your grammar and spelling issues, do us the favor and leave please.

Unregistered
    It's a great department. Most of the old timers are disgruntled, guys that never left patrol, never wanted to move up are the ones here complaining. If you're a go getter and hard worker you will go places, specialized units, CID, the list goes on. All agencies have problems but within the next couple years most of us will be gone and it will be completely different and to be honest i think it will only get better.

Unregistered
    To answer your question fairly, we received back our step raises that they froze 7 years ago. We did not get back the across the board pay cuts they took along with the frozen steps. In place of that, they gave us a 6% pay raise spread out over 3 years. Totally garbage! However, the pay scales are so ****ed up that people with the same time on are all over the place. Our union was horrible in how they handled these several years of negotiation. We gave up a lot that we will never get back to include our calculation for retirement. You now have to be age 49 to be eligible to retire whereas years ago it was based upon a points system, Rule of 64. Most of the young guys here do not know what the **** they are looking at when it comes to long term so they are easily manipulated by our union and friends and family partners. The good news is most of the corrupt Cubans that are in power now are being weeded out. With the influx of affluent whites and liberal democrats in Wynwood, we should be positioned to make a good run at a lucrative contract in 3 years. Money is pouring into the City of Miami and it is undeniable that the cities coffers will be overflowing soon. On top of that, we are building a huge mall in Downtown Miami, and Citi-Center will come online soon in Brickell. If our Union president doesn't sell the rest of his soul for a sock puppet up his ass, we should get a huge contract in 2019. Also off-duties are all over the place. You can write your own check if your that type of person. I'm currently paying off the rest of my debt in a 2 year plan by making an additional 1200 a week in off duties. Rates is $36.00 an hour and will go up to $40.00 an hour next June. This is what the officer make not including surcharges. Every department, or job becomes just that if you work there long enough. Most of the *****ing and moaning that goes on in this forum are from spoiled mama's boy's who believe they are privilege because they passed a state exam. I've been here 15 years, live in a huge house, have hardly no debt, traveled all over the world, and will have a great package when I retire. I did all of this at the City of Miami minding my own dam business and keeping a small group of friends that I can count on one hand. If you apply here, remember what I have told you in this post. Most people here love misery and if you keep them out your personal life, this place will be fine for you.

Unregistered
    He is right in most points although what I would add is that you have to mentally prepare yourself not just for what the streets will throw at you. You have to really prepare yourself for the internal dysfunctions. That uneducated guy in your will most likely be your boss one day. That slug who would avoid police work at all cost will become a commander. There is a friends and family plan being handed down from the old gaurd to the new. The structure, resort and chain of command that was instilled in you in the academy goes out the door for many the moment you graduate. So if you can accept this place for what it is and do not get involved in cliques, you should be fine.

Unregistered
    Actually we did get the tiered cuts back stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast