Thank You IUPA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You IUPA

Unregistered

Thank You IUPA

Thank you IUPA for keeping all your promises made before the perc election it is so freshing to finally have a real union.

I was especially happy you kept your word on letting the members chose which candidates to endorse for the upcoming elections. That is something of have never seen the Broward PBA do ever. It was especially gutsy of IUPA to do this considering one of the candidates is already in bed with the PBA. Keep up the good work IUPA.

Unregistered
    I voted for the IUPA. I am also glad that the members get to vote for who we want to endorse. But they did not keep "all" their promises. Most notable was their promise of having experienced labor attorneys negotiate contract negotiations. And that was a promise that was continually rammed down our throats.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I voted for the IUPA. I am also glad that the members get to vote for who we want to endorse. But they did not keep "all" their promises. Most notable was their promise of having experienced labor attorneys negotiate contract negotiations. And that was a promise that was continually rammed down our throats.
    You do know that partner Kathleen Phillips from the firm Phillips, Richard & Rind is the lead negotiator for IUPA on our contract. So I don't know where your getting this? http://www.phillipsrichard.com

Unregistered
    I was hesitant at first when I heard of all this change but I must say, they have delivered on 99.9% of everything. Hats off to the people who are running the show and who are reps. We appreciate all you do !!!!! How can anyone be upset with the communication, live streaming of ballot counts, fair elections, membership participation in endorsements, legal..........

Unregistered
    I was hesitant at first when I heard of all this change but I must say, they have delivered on 99.9% of everything. Hats off to the people who are running the show and who are reps. We appreciate all you do !!!!! How can anyone be upset with the communication, live streaming of ballot counts, fair elections, membership participation in endorsements, legal..........

A lot of folks will not vote on that online survey which is associated to their personal emails. Fear of retaliation. It should have been done by mail like the contract vote.

Unregistered
    A lot of folks will not vote on that online survey which is associated to their personal emails. Fear of retaliation. It should have been done by mail like the contract vote.
    I am sure it would be expensive to do votes by snail mail for every little thing. An online survey is definitely appropriate for an endorsement vote. Don't be a paranoid, we are cops! I have confidence that IUPA will keep our info private.

Unregistered
    The only problem I see is that the election is in a month. Why wait until the last moment to send this too us? I voted how I voted but it is what it is. IUPA dont be such a coward and just do the right thing atleast a few months before the election like the other unions did. The Sheriff has not played fair sonce day one so quit being a bunch of scared children. Its ok to fight for whats right and you are out of your mind if you think this guy is whats best for us. He hasnt done one thing for the deputies unless they were hia choosen few. The rest of us want a decent wage and to go home away from this political agency. Except you IUPA aholes. But I have to hand it to you, your not backing down from negotiations.

Unregistered
    When you say other unions, do you mean the rigged PBA system of what is best for the board, not the members? IAFF only gave their endorsement 10 days ago and the FOPE is doing theirs tonight. The PBA endorsement was a joke. They endorsed loser Fondo before they even knew who was running. Best candidate huh?

Unregistered
    Nice try PBA cry babies.

It makes you so angry that IUPA is doing all the right things you scVmbags never did that the only way you can attack them is to complain about things such as

WWWAAAAAAA the survey was electronic and not mailed.

If it was mailed you would complain about a stamp, If Jeff Bell personally drove the survey to each members house in his own car you would complain about the Carbon Footprint he left on the environment.

OR

WWWWWAAAAAA IUPA Waited until 1 month before the primary to allow its members an historical first time ever vote.

Yes PBA we should have endorsed the 4th place losing candidate 3 weeks ago like you guys did with out asking the members. Only to have the members then meet with the Sheriff to tell him they actually support him. Then maybe we can be just like you and go after one of our members for writing an email notifying the Sheriff all the members actually support him.

Even the 3 mindless dummies running against the Sheriff acknowledge the PBA and their endorsement process is a joke.

Seriously PBA this isn't funny anymore, well actually it is funny but it is getting kind of sad. How can you guys keep making blunder after blunder like this? its just been one thing after another for years now.

You really need to bring in new people starting from the top down. This just is not normal behavior.

You guys could not run a cigar locker, or maybe you could

Unregistered
    Dude stop drinking the kool aid of the sheriff. Oh you are one of the few that a great position. IstUPA is doing an ok job. Dont start with their the best or better than anyone until they have a track record. Btw, they recommended the sheriff even after he went back in his campaign promises. And he toed the line with the BLM in regards to Perraza. So pound sand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast