IS PCSO worth coming to? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can find drama in ANY department, this was not the type of answer I was looking for,,,,Just wanted to know what was the ballpark figure for 10 plus yrs experience and is overtime plentiful in the jail. ....
    Overtime is increasing at the jail and will be even more plentiful in the near future. With 10 years experience they might give you 3-5 steps, depending on your negotiating skills and their need for bodies.

Unregistered
    1 2yrs experience, what will that put me at?

Unregistered
    1 2yrs experience, what will that put me at?
    There are 16 pay steps currently. A guy I know with similar experience started at step 5 last year. You can probably get the same deal.

Unregistered
    And what is the step 5 pay?

Unregistered
    Your best bet is to not worry about it and go elsewhere. This place will ruin you take some friendly advice

Unregistered
    About $24/hr. There is an additional 10% shift differential for those working nights.

Unregistered
    Is it true that all of patrol will be going to 12 hr shifts this year? Not having this shift before deterred me from pcso.

Unregistered
    Is it true that all of patrol will be going to 12 hr shifts this year? Not having this shift before deterred me from pcso.

No. There will be 12 hour and 8 hour shifts. More 12 than 8 but still some 8 hour shifts. Most want 12's.

Unregistered
    A recruiter recently told me 2-3years experience but not over 3 will be starting at 49k which is not what was previously stated here

Unregistered
    A recruiter recently told me 2-3years experience but not over 3 will be starting at 49k which is not what was previously stated here
    Buddy, asking questions here does not count as solid research. Check the agency salary listings that are publicly available. And if you don't get it writing it does not exist. Anyone could be talking to you hear. Do a ride along, ask questions, read what is available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast