Another One Bites the Dust - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Only those without the education requirements, the proper aptitudes or the will to better themselves stay in this septic tank of a regulatory agency with the most inept, incapable and politically corrupt management in the entire state.
    We are a bunch of regulators with guns working for a bunch A$$ Holes for nearly minimum wage.
    Oh. . . wait. . . . .there are those who really like to be abused; they love it here ! ! ! !
    Log that water time
    There was a time (before 99) when we made our own work schedule, we were part of our community, we worked water-patrol when it was needed in our area, we were the last person a violator wanted to see and the first person someone in trouble wished to see, we enforced criminal laws only, when we were sent to a riot we were described by the rioters as " Wildmen from the woods. Aggressive, fearless, and dangerous- avoid at all costs." People and other agencies respected us, and we did a damn good job. Those days are gone forever.

Unregistered
    There was a time (before 99) when we made our own work schedule, we were part of our community, we worked water-patrol when it was needed in our area, we were the last person a violator wanted to see and the first person someone in trouble wished to see, we enforced criminal laws only, when we were sent to a riot we were described by the rioters as " Wildmen from the woods. Aggressive, fearless, and dangerous- avoid at all costs." People and other agencies respected us, and we did a damn good job. Those days are gone forever.
    I have a newflash for you buddy, no matter what LE agency you work(ed) for....the days you described are over for us all.

Unregistered
    I have a newflash for you buddy, no matter what LE agency you work(ed) for....the days you described are over for us all.
    Rodger that. You are, of course correct, I am afraid.

Unregistered

Cool Retention

Don't worry, once the legislature sees our retention control issues (people retiring or leaving to work elsewhere), I am sure we'll get a pay raise. That will keep officers from leaving and encourage more people to apply.

Help is on the way!

Unregistered
    Don't worry, once the legislature sees our retention control issues (people retiring or leaving to work elsewhere), I am sure we'll get a pay raise. That will keep officers from leaving and encourage more people to apply.

Help is on the way!
    I would settle for armor plate for my vest and vehicle the way things are going.

Unregistered

Smile Help Is On The Way!

Help is on the way!
    Funny, Rick & the state legislature would lay us all off and turn it all over to the PDs and SOs if they could.

Unregistered
    Funny, Rick & the state legislature would lay us all off and turn it all over to the PDs and SOs if they could.
    You are absolutely right. FWC is a luxury LE agency. If the fecal matter were to hit the over head oscillator tomorrow, everyone would be folded to local SO's and FWC would be no more. Is it not evident enough in the lack of respect by local LE and the SAO? The SO's are the the one who have ultimate jurisdiction. We have authority in FL but the SO's have the jurisdiction.

Unregistered

So True

Absolutely true, we would be gone in a minute if the right circumstances arose, like another 2008 type economic crash.

State law enforcement is so unwanted in Tallahassee. Funny in some states that state LEOs are the highest paid, most respected, and considered the elite of law enforcement. In Florida, it is the other way around, the SOs are the elite, although alot of them are not paid very well either.

Unregistered
    Absolutely true, we would be gone in a minute if the right circumstances arose, like another 2008 type economic crash.

State law enforcement is so unwanted in Tallahassee. Funny in some states that state LEOs are the highest paid, most respected, and considered the elite of law enforcement. In Florida, it is the other way around, the SOs are the elite, although alot of them are not paid very well either.
    Yes, state police but FWC is one of the most powerful and respected fish and wildlife police services in the nation. Most states have glofified park rangers.

Unregistered

Wtf

Yes, state police but FWC is one of the most powerful and respected fish and wildlife police services in the nation. Most states have glofified park rangers.
    Stop drinkin', smokin', whatever it is you are doing. FWC is a national joke. It is not a service, it is an agency which may well lose its' law enforcement function. As to glorified park rangers, you are too late. Can you say D-E-P ?? That started when FMP and Park Police merged.

I hope the law makers take the hard look that has been a long time coming and pulls the trigger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast