Communications Response from Vazquez
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Communications Response from Vazquez

An email was sent to Vazquez asking how he was going to fix communications

His response

Good afternoon,

The following response to your question is as follows per Santiago Vazquez:

Hello, I was asked this question by the Sun-Sentinel for an article they were putting together. I've found the Sun-Sentinel to be pretty biased in this election and I haven't even seen my answers to the several questions they asked me as part of their questionnaire. Question # 5 was regarding dispatch and my answer was as follows:

5. The new 911 dispatch system, operated by BSO, has been incredibly troubled. What would you do to improve the dispatch system and the relationship with the county on this issue?

First and foremost, I’D LISTEN TO MY DISPATCHERS. They are the ones who work with this system. You can have all types of executives and experts and consultants come in and advise you and re*-advise you. You can bring in some accreditation committee to label you as “awesome” or whatever. It still doesn’t change the fact this system is shot and BSO and the County do not have enough personnel to handle the demand of 911. I want to know from the dispatchers and their supervisors, how can we fix this system? What do we need to do? Also, you bring in one person, JUST ONE PERSON, not 25 clueless people, to reorganize the whole operation so it can be a lot smoother. I think it’s just too convoluted and unorganized right now. I also think they are demanding too much from the overworked comm operators. Without question, there are not enough of them. You cannot expect this to be a top notch section of your organization if they’re working under these conditions. Ask for comm operators with language ability, by the way (Spanish, Creole). Talk about a critical need. 911 is a mess and a disaster waiting to happen. (the end)

In short, browardwatch, I'd like to bring in a fresh face who'll implement a more innovative approach (or simple, whichever works better) that won't be so taxing on communications personnel. I'd also love to hire A LOT more operators, especially those with language ability. As for moving dispatchers to patrol, as long as they meet the criteria, I don't see why whomever is interested in going from dispatch to patrol shouldn't have the opportunity.

I hope this answers your questions. Thank you for reaching out to me and regardless of whom your preferred candidate is, please, exercise your right and vote on November 8th.

Santiago Vazquez - R, For Broward County Sheriff

This message forwarded by:

Tony Greenberg
    Campaign Manager

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    An email was sent to Vazquez asking how he was going to fix communications

His response

Good afternoon,

The following response to your question is as follows per Santiago Vazquez:

Hello, I was asked this question by the Sun-Sentinel for an article they were putting together. I've found the Sun-Sentinel to be pretty biased in this election and I haven't even seen my answers to the several questions they asked me as part of their questionnaire. Question # 5 was regarding dispatch and my answer was as follows:

5. The new 911 dispatch system, operated by BSO, has been incredibly troubled. What would you do to improve the dispatch system and the relationship with the county on this issue?

First and foremost, I’D LISTEN TO MY DISPATCHERS. They are the ones who work with this system. You can have all types of executives and experts and consultants come in and advise you and re*-advise you. You can bring in some accreditation committee to label you as “awesome” or whatever. It still doesn’t change the fact this system is shot and BSO and the County do not have enough personnel to handle the demand of 911. I want to know from the dispatchers and their supervisors, how can we fix this system? What do we need to do? Also, you bring in one person, JUST ONE PERSON, not 25 clueless people, to reorganize the whole operation so it can be a lot smoother. I think it’s just too convoluted and unorganized right now. I also think they are demanding too much from the overworked comm operators. Without question, there are not enough of them. You cannot expect this to be a top notch section of your organization if they’re working under these conditions. Ask for comm operators with language ability, by the way (Spanish, Creole). Talk about a critical need. 911 is a mess and a disaster waiting to happen. (the end)

In short, browardwatch, I'd like to bring in a fresh face who'll implement a more innovative approach (or simple, whichever works better) that won't be so taxing on communications personnel. I'd also love to hire A LOT more operators, especially those with language ability. As for moving dispatchers to patrol, as long as they meet the criteria, I don't see why whomever is interested in going from dispatch to patrol shouldn't have the opportunity.

I hope this answers your questions. Thank you for reaching out to me and regardless of whom your preferred candidate is, please, exercise your right and vote on November 8th.

This message forwarded by:

Tony Greenberg
    Campaign Manager
    Santiago, you could saved some time by responding , " I'd remove the political promotion Scott Isreal made in 2012 when he promoted then , Duty Officer Lisa Zyrazynski to Director of 911 Regionalization. As it was later found that the aforementioned has absolutely no experience in running, organizing or administrating such a project. Then I would replace her, Lisa, with a qualified person who has experience in running such a complex system. And oh BTW, who also possess a college degree...

Unregistered
    If we would've known you were going to make a private email public, we would've sent a heartfelt "Thank you for everything you do" to those awesome overworked and under-appreciated employees in Communications. But here's the original message we received, which shows how disturbing the incumbent sheriff's reign is:

"Name
    For Safety I will withhold my name
    Email
    browardwatch@gmail.com
    Subject
    Communications
    Mr Vazquez, What are your plans for Communications? Our centers are falling apart. Also do you have plans to offer jumps from Communications to Road Patrol?
    Optin
    False

This message was submitted from your website contact form:
    http://www.vazquez2016.com/contact-us.html"

"For safety, I withhold my name" So let's get this straight, in a free country, people are afraid to express their views for fear of retribution? What's the retribution? Demotions, transfers, bodily harm? They can't disagree without punishment, voice their concerns, or question and/or support other candidates because they're afraid? Where do we live? Sounds to me like you're part of some Totalitarian Dictatorship. What exactly do you fear? Tell the press, tell Broward County what's going on at BSO that makes you afraid for your safety.

Unregistered
    Lazy dispatcher stop crying and get to work.

Unregistered
    Lazy dispatcher stop crying and get to work.
    Sip champagne from your yacht, you overpaid hack. Make sure the caviar goes down smooth before you go to jail.

Unregistered
    Great, once again another moron who thinks issues can be solved by throwing more people at the fire

Unregistered
    Great, once again another moron who thinks issues can be solved by throwing more people at the fire
    Um no. The current moron threw the wrong people at the fire. That's why it's all messed up. Try again.

Unregistered
    When the answer to fixing problems is more people or more money, you know you are dealing with poor leadership. Future looks just as bright as the status quo

Unregistered
    The status quo is who's signing your paycheck. Of course you can't see past that.

Unregistered
    The status quo is who's signing your paycheck. Of course you can't see past that.
    People like you are the reason people are miserable. Forget about issues, you are getting paid? This job is more than a paycheck. If all you care about is that someone is signing your paycheck, remember someone will always be signing. It doesn't mean what they stand for embodies a successful leader. Status quo needs to change so we enjoy working for our paycheck again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast