Time to Pack The PSB for contract negotiations !:30 Today - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    IUPA needs to have a general membership meeting to set things straight
    That is a great idea and everyone who is not working should be there, but that would never happen. Most deputies are lazy and want you to do ALL the work form them, instead of being SOMEWHAT involved in their union.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2644395]

Sir you are incorrect and obviously a desperate PBA supporter. The proposal that will be put out for vote was that anyone at Top Pay by the end of this year will get a 10th step and keep the first responders pay. Employees who are not will keep the first responders pay but at year 10 that will convert to step 10 and yes at that point they will only get a 1% raise. So obviously this is a better contract for the 70 something percent of Deputies who are topped out but you have to bargain for the super majority. The PBA only bargained for themselves and their buddies!
    Can an IUPA rep please confirm this is true? I can see the contract passing if this is true.

Unregistered

Wtf!

There is some truth to some of the posts but a lot of bs as well. Wait for the offer in writing because this admin. likes to make changes without warning. It's amazing that 7 people were at the negotiation but there so many experts.

Unregistered
    There is some truth to some of the posts but a lot of bs as well. Wait for the offer in writing because this admin. likes to make changes without warning. It's amazing that 7 people were at the negotiation but there so many experts.
    I agree and hope the offer gets emailed Monday!! I still can hope the above is true! LOL

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2644395]

Sir you are incorrect and obviously a desperate PBA supporter. The proposal that will be put out for vote was that anyone at Top Pay by the end of this year will get a 10th step and keep the first responders pay. Employees who are not will keep the first responders pay but at year 10 that will convert to step 10 and yes at that point they will only get a 1% raise. So obviously this is a better contract for the 70 something percent of Deputies who are topped out but you have to bargain for the super majority. The PBA only bargained for themselves and their buddies!
    I'm voting yes if this is the true proposal. The contract was never going to pass anyway if they had kept that 50/100/150 insurance fee in there!! We can live with just the 90/10 split on future increases/decreases tho.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2645604]

I'm voting yes if this is the true proposal. The contract was never going to pass anyway if they had kept that 50/100/150 insurance fee in there!! We can live with just the 90/10 split on future increases/decreases tho.
    OK but the insurance fee is still in there. So how are you going to vote now?

Unregistered
    Do the math. First number is first responder, second is making it 5% and we will start at $70,000

$70,000 with first responder is $72,800
    $70,000 with 5% step is $73,500

Add a 3% raise

First responder is $74,900
    Step is now $75,705

Another 3% raise

First responder is now $77,073
    Step is now $ 77,976

Add 3% raise

First responder is $79301
    Step is now $80315

If you make 100 hours of overtime at $30 an hour it is $4500 with first responder . Under a step increase is $4725. It adds up over time .
    where are you guys getting all of this overtime?? last time i checked the agency wasnt too keen on paying OT, thats why we have to go to court on our work days. i havent seen enough OT in years to agree with that logic.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2645704]

OK but the insurance fee is still in there. So how are you going to vote now?
    Did you get the email with the proposed contract?? I just checked my email and it's not there. The first contract offer got shot down miserably because that increase would pretty much cancel out the first 2/2 raise!

Unregistered
    There hasn't been any contract offer emailed to the membership yet

Unregistered
    Does anyone know when it will be emailed?? Better be much better than the 1st offer!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast