Lauderhill Police Department Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Lauderhill Police Department Today

Man this department is a little behind to be honest. They haven't had a Recruiter/Background investigator who is committed to this department. Thats all supposedly going to change later this year in 2016. November to be exact as it has finally been addressed. They're behind in terms of vehicles, radios being used, and most importantly recruiting. Sunrise Police has been doing a lot of there work for them. When i drive past Lauderhill its as if, the Police officers are never present. When your in Sunrise, You see an Officer almost at some point in the day. I really see Lauderhill PD as a dept. with lots of potential. I want to apply here, but i think more still needs to be done.

The Sheepdog
    Well its a good thing you don't apply. You sound like a cry baby. We do just fine with what we have. Yes I agree, we are often are behind the 8 ball but we make it work. Go apply for Hillsboro beach. This city is for street cops that want to do real police work.

Unregistered
    I applied to this department over A year ago. While filling out another application for A different department it asked me why I did not make the selection for previous departments I applied for. So I called ,and the gentleman who picked up the phone was very nice, and professional informed me there no was particular reason that I was DQ. This is A department I really wanted to be apart of ,so should I just reapply,or just write it off?

The Sheepdog
    There is always a reason you were DQ. How far did you get in the process?

Unregistered
    Oral board. Which I was told, I had passed.

The Sheepdog
    OK. I would call and speak with the recruiter and ask the specific reason why you did not proceed. Ask for a blunt response if needed. Sometimes what happens is after an oral board, your information is sent over to human resources and could be rejected from there. That may be why the recruiter said he didn't reject you but the city did. Ask the recruiter what he thinks before reapplying so you don't waste time.

Unregistered
    Spoke to HR, spoke to the recruiter's office still no answer. No one knows anything.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spoke to HR, spoke to the recruiter's office still no answer. No one knows anything.
    move on... you will be better off

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    move on... you will be better off

Lauderhill, Opa Locka, Sweetwater, Hialeah, Pembroke Pines.... find a real job.

The Sheepdog
    Well clearly you will be better off somewhere else. I wasnt expecting that kond of response. That's a shame that you were unable to obtain any information. I wish you the best, however it will be the City's loss. Good luck in your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast