Residence Mileage
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Residence Mileage

Not bad, Colonel sanders, not bad.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not bad, Colonel sanders, not bad.
    What does that tells you. A friend of someone in ghq or even themselves live 39 miles away. I couldn't promote because I was 37 miles away from home and they wouldn't let me park and ride.

Unregistered
    What does that tells you. A friend of someone in ghq or even themselves live 39 miles away. I couldn't promote because I was 37 miles away from home and they wouldn't let me park and ride.
    Are you special in some way? You could have done like many others have and established a residence within 30 and took your promotion. The Colonel put something in place that benefits some Troopers and its all about you. What a turd!!!

Unregistered

Unbelievable

It's never enough for some of you.... He could have changed it to 100 miles and someone would complain that they were 101 miles away. Ya know, it's a complete shame how some of you see nothing but the negative side of everything. Why does this change just have to be because of someone at GHQ? I would be willing to bet there isn't anyone at GHQ that this will affect either way.

At the end of the day, compare how many sworn members work at GHQ to those in the troops across the state. The overwhelming majority of TROOPERS (just because of simple math) will benefit from this change. I have heard so many people complain that they were 30.5 miles or 35 miles outside the limit and they don't understand why they can't get special treatment. Now that it's at 40 miles, some of you still bring that ridiculous argument to the table. Why can't you realize that this change is for the good and will help a lot of people.

For those that say, "Well, I had to move when I transferred and promoted and that's not fair to me." You, my friends, need to grow up and pick your sucker up out of the dirt. Nothing can be done for decisions made by past administrations. All we can do is move forward and this change is definitely a step in the right direction. Thank you Colonel!

Sincerely,

Someone whom this change doesn't affect in the least bit.... Someone who is just happy that someone else will benefit from a great decision.

Unregistered
    The colonel changing the residence policy is another great decision. Thank you Col. Spaulding

Unregistered
    It's never enough for some of you.... He could have changed it to 100 miles and someone would complain that they were 101 miles away. Ya know, it's a complete shame how some of you see nothing but the negative side of everything. Why does this change just have to be because of someone at GHQ? I would be willing to bet there isn't anyone at GHQ that this will affect either way.

At the end of the day, compare how many sworn members work at GHQ to those in the troops across the state. The overwhelming majority of TROOPERS (just because of simple math) will benefit from this change. I have heard so many people complain that they were 30.5 miles or 35 miles outside the limit and they don't understand why they can't get special treatment. Now that it's at 40 miles, some of you still bring that ridiculous argument to the table. Why can't you realize that this change is for the good and will help a lot of people.

For those that say, "Well, I had to move when I transferred and promoted and that's not fair to me." You, my friends, need to grow up and pick your sucker up out of the dirt. Nothing can be done for decisions made by past administrations. All we can do is move forward and this change is definitely a step in the right direction. Thank you Colonel!

Sincerely,

Someone whom this change doesn't affect in the least bit.... Someone who is just happy that someone else will benefit from a great decision.
    The poster said "A friend of someone in ghq", which I took to mean to help a friend of Col. Spaulding, like he wanted to help out someone in particular or use it to let them promote (makes more sense). Don't think it matters about anyone assigned to GHQ - that's not that many people. I know, I know. You might not have thought about that since the miles won't effect you, but you got to read man!!

Kind of like Col. Spaulding did with making special promotion rules when he wants a particular people promoted but they less than 1 year or not eligible yet or don't meet the requirements. Just make sure the rules fit who you want, then it's easy. But if it helps everyone else out along the way, that's cool too. Just can't trust him.

Unregistered
    How about we change the stupid ride along rule. I'm tired of my Sgt riding with me every month. Do something that will truly benefit everyone. He doesn't like it, and I don't like it. We are all grown ups, Jesus.

Unregistered
    That tells me that you are most likely a POS complainer who would complain about anything if given the opportunity. If the rules were 30 miles and no park and rides authorized, then that is what you had to live with. If you weren't able to work around that and refused to make any temporary sacrifices in order to further your career, then I'm glad that you didn't promote because the agency is better off without you in that position. Colonel Spaulding has wanted to do this for a while but there was a lot behind the scenes that needed to be done before it could be implemented. Thank you Colonel Spaulding, most of us appreciate the increased residency mileage.

Unregistered
    Yes, thank you Colonel Spaulding for changing the captain's promotional policy to less than a year in rank, then promoting who you wanted and changing it back.
    That really speaks a lot about ethics.
    BTW, we are losing guys in droves to other agencies, my rent just went up again 80 dollars a month. Do something or you will lose half of the patrol b4 you can replace them.

Unregistered
    That tells me that you are most likely a POS complainer who would complain about anything if given the opportunity. If the rules were 30 miles and no park and rides authorized, then that is what you had to live with. If you weren't able to work around that and refused to make any temporary sacrifices in order to further your career, then I'm glad that you didn't promote because the agency is better off without you in that position. Colonel Spaulding has wanted to do this for a while but there was a lot behind the scenes that needed to be done before it could be implemented. Thank you Colonel Spaulding, most of us appreciate the increased residency mileage.
    So in one breath you basically say this has been in the works behind the scenes for a bit and thank the Col for making it possible for troopers to live more than 30 miles, but then call this other trooper a POS because park/ride was denied for him and he disagreed with it (even though the practice has been to approve it -I don't recall anything saying it wouldn't be approved-, according to you it's been in the works all this time and you offer no explanation of what actually had to happen before the Col could sent out that special email to everyone).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast