Hiring process

Thread: Hiring process

Unregistered

Hiring process

Just trying to get a general idea of what the hiring process is and how long it takes as well as the steps if I do get hired. I know Orange County does a whole 2 month thing before you go on the road. Is that the same or different. Also were can I find the 10 codes and signals for your agency.
    Thanks
    Stay safe

Unregistered
    Call hr at 863-298-6200, they will be more than happy to give you the rundown.

Unregistered
    I noticed your agency has several hiring bonuses available for LEO's right now. I don't know much about your agency other than what your sheriff says on TV.

Therefore on my short week, I signed up for a ride along and your command staff put me with one of their favorite deputies that didn't have a bad word to say about your agency. He said your man power was down because deputies were leaving to join TPD and HCSO or they chose to retire.

Anything I should know before I submit this very long application? The deputy I rode with said the PAT is the standard FDLE and the five week in house training consists of classroom CAD training, driving, shooting, DT and OC spray. Raises are expected and lots of room for advancement. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I noticed your agency has several hiring bonuses available for LEO's right now. I don't know much about your agency other than what your sheriff says on TV.

Therefore on my short week, I signed up for a ride along and your command staff put me with one of their favorite deputies that didn't have a bad word to say about your agency. He said your man power was down because deputies were leaving to join TPD and HCSO or they chose to retire.

Anything I should know before I submit this very long application? The deputy I rode with said the PAT is the standard FDLE and the five week in house training consists of classroom CAD training, driving, shooting, DT and OC spray. Raises are expected and lots of room for advancement. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    All fairly accurate information. We have our flaws, like any agency. You’ll never get rich working here, but there is plenty of opportunity for off-duty jobs and the availability to move to various units is rarely seen at other agencies.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2638136]Just trying to get a general idea of what the hiring process is and how long it takes as well as the steps if I do get hired. I know Orange County does a whole 2 month thing before you go on the road. Is that the same or different. Also were can I find the 10 codes and signals for your agency.
    Thanks
    Stay safe

Go somewhere else! This place is a shit hole.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    All fairly accurate information. We have our flaws, like any agency. You’ll never get rich working here, but there is plenty of opportunity for off-duty jobs and the availability to move to various units is rarely seen at other agencies.
    Yeah plenty of off-duties if you know someone. Otherwise the one or two shitty details no one else wants are usually all there is.