Sarasota Sheriff on duty at Islamic Society

Unregistered

Sarasota Sheriff on duty at Islamic Society

Hello LEO!

Can someone explain to me why Sarasota County Deputies are on post guarding and blocking traffic in front of the Sarasota Islamic Society on Fridays, the day of prayers for Muslims?

I saw two cruisers and Deputies yesterday, blocking two dozen of vehicles to allow those people to leave the property not having to wait at a stop sign for a minute or two like everybody else. I find this to be outrageous, I am highly suspecting that the person(s) in charge at the Islamic Society are using the recent events to beg for protection and LE service, in this case traffic control. Aren't they able to drive or use pedestrians crosswalk like anyone else? Because of some crazies across the nation shooting people and maybe a couple of phony threats toward this kind of site we now need to have Deputies standing there for hours? Absolutely pathetic!

Unregistered
    OOPS just realizing this is SEMINOLE not SARASOTA, sorry SEMINOLE COUNTY...

Unregistered
    It's called an off duty detail... They pay us to be there and in turn we get them out of the parking lot in a timely manor.. It's no different then any other off duty details that we work... They pay us, and we do what they ask. (As long as legal and within our SOP's.)