Honest opinion

Thread: Honest opinion

Unregistered

Honest opinion

I'm approaching my 2 years with my current department. I was looking to make a move to SPPD but not knowing anyone on a personal level that can tell me what it's like to work there I figured I'd give this a shot.

I work at a smaller department tha the admis have people already picked out for future promotions and very little room for growth.

Hoping you guys can help me out with some info.

Thank you in advance.

Unregistered

honest answer

it might be a big improvement over your current department, because there's much more room for growth here...

but keep in mind that patrol gets sh*t on here...the politics are just as bad as your current department, it's just on a much larger scale due to or size.

pay is pretty good, but money will not buy you a successful career.

There are some very very good cops here, but just some things to keep in mind.

Opportunity is here but I will say admin is not very good and the best officers are not always the ones selected for special assignments or promotions.

good luck

Unregistered
    The SPPD is what you make it. Do your job and play by the rules and you can have a long lucrative career. Either don't play by the rules or play politics and you'll have your up's and downs.

The above post is right on the money.

Unregistered
    If you are seriously considering coming to this agency from another agency, you are a moron. Do some research please. This is the agency you leave for something better. Nobody comes here on purpose from somewhere else unless you have been fired or are a complete moron. Which one are you?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are seriously considering coming to this agency from another agency, you are a moron. Do some research please. This is the agency you leave for something better. Nobody comes here on purpose from somewhere else unless you have been fired or are a complete moron. Which one are you?
    Better yet which one were you? Or are you one of the I'm just trying to get my foot in the door then go somewhere else where I don't have to work as hard?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would say asking current employees would be doing research. Hence why I posted on this site.

Unregistered

....form your own opinion!

My advice...... come down visit the department, speak to several different employees and form your own opinion. Every place has its good and bad side....