Dont vote yes for the PBA contract
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Dont vote yes for the PBA contract

Have you all read this thing? We haven't gotten raises in years, this contract us only a SINGLE 4% raise in the first year of the contract. Nothing else after. All we are getting out of this is a little extra money for court and the car.

Nothing about mandatory staffing levels to ensure our safety, or promises from the county for equipment.

Why are we even doing a contract with them when they didn't even fulfill the previous one and stole hundreds of thousands dollars from us and refuse to give it back? Why aren't they agreeing to pay us as a result of us approving this shit contract?

PBA what is the rush to get the vote going? Why is it only in Doral? Why aren't you telling us the while story when it comes to both the pros and the CONS of this. Hate to say it but you guys seem to be pushing this in a shady way.

Unregistered
    I believe the 4% cost of living raise is being given to ALL county employees..... It's an election year.

Small price to pay for 4 more years of corruption.

Unregistered
    I will be voting NO

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will be voting NO
    Then you sir.......are an idiot!

Unregistered
    Really? Why don't you expand upon your juvenile insult, as to why he is an idiot?

I agree with the original post there are definitely some questions as to why this is all of a sudden an acceptable contract, when four months ago it wasn't.

Unregistered
    And you are a fool who believes what anyone tells you.

Unregistered
    I have a lot of issues with this contract..... Not sure what the rush is either.

Unregistered
    I have a lot of issues with this contract..... Not sure what the rush is either.
    The Mayor gave AFSME the 4% raise a few weeks ago, to avoid having union members work against him at the polls this was after he gave the the extra time off to have babies (also in our contract) the Mayor is both evil and very smart so he effectively took AFSME out of the election cycle.

As for us we got the same 4% and some give backs that dont start till Jan 17 ( that is 4 months into the next years budget)

Why the rush? great question, another great question why cant it posted? no district had enough people now to let you take two hrs to go to the PBA and read it.

What are we giving up in insurance? the PBA says nothing we get more choices, other Unions AFSME and the Gov Supervisors say we are getting the same shitty insurance that they were forced to take. But I guess we wont realize that till after the vote when open enrollment starts in Nov

Name calling has no place here we have all sacrificed and suffered to different degrees and each are entitled to their own opinion on whats good for them.

Unregistered
    You will vote for this contract say I the GREAT JOHN RIVERA ruler of all that is PBA. Should you vote against this contract my hence men will track you down and banish you to the depths of the property or communications units. Beware one beware all. The GREAT JOHN RIVERA has spoken.

Unregistered
    You will vote for this contract say I the GREAT JOHN RIVERA ruler of all that is PBA. Should you vote against this contract my hence men will track you down and banish you to the depths of the property or communications units. Beware one beware all. The GREAT JOHN RIVERA has spoken.
    you idiots whine but never have work ethic or balls to go to any pba meetings

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast