Veteran looking for some info

Unregistered

Veteran looking for some info

I am a veteran and former military police looking to cross to civilian police. Can anyone on here give me some ups and downs to working with Pembroke pines? I am not looking for bashing comments of other officers but genuine pros and cons about the departments. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Great agency, command staff and officers..I'm sure you can read a lot of negative bs on here, but I'm here to tell you one of the best agencies in Broward...I strongly encourage you to apply.

Unregistered
    I'll start with the elephant in the room. We are one of the lowest paid departments in South Florida. Hopefully the PBA will finally be able to remedy this issue, because it is embarrassing to see how much more everyone else gets paid. Aside from that, this is a great place to work. Pines is a diverse city with some very nice areas, some not-so-nice areas and a lot of in between. You will get to experience a lot here, and it won't feel as if you are going into a war zone (like Miami Gardens, for example).

Aside from the gripes about pay, the people are as happy as you could expect in a work environment. We are treated well, which can't be said everywhere else. A possible advantage for you to consider is that if you are a bit older (30s or so), you have the option of retiring earlier here than in most places. You will obviously sacrifice the size of your pension if you leave early, but it is nice to have the option if you aren't in your early 20s when you start.

Unregistered

Time to move on

Speaking of the PBA, does anyone else think it's time for us to move on?

Unregistered
    With our City proposals and the new administration regime, we're bound to be North Miami Gardens.
    Congrats fellas. The likes of your kind has ruined yet again, an entire city.

Unregistered
    To the "veteren looking for info", I highly recommend you use this department as a stepping stone for certification and get out within a year or two. It seems to be a trend now that will progressively happen more and more over the next few years.
    Good luck