The Police mindset needs to be explained and defended
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

The Police mindset needs to be explained and defended

Several days have passed since the Orlando shootings. The media, and arm chaired quarterbacks have chimed in and have repeatedly questioned the delay in making entry and neutralizing this shooter. Since I have heard not one LEO official, anywhere in this Country publically state this, I will attempt to do so. The first goal of any LEO, is to survive and go home! Police work can be dangerous at times, and we often get hurt or killed doing this job, "But it is not a job requirement to get killed or sacrifice yourself". Often, Leo's will take truly heroic measures in this job, but it cannot be ordered or part of a policy to do so. Active shooter training came about after the Columbine High School murders. Again, a attempt to neutralize a shooter if possible. Once the situation turns into a barricaded subject with IED's and Superior firepower, the average police beat officer is ill equipped or trained nor would they have overwhelming force present in order to get the threat stopped. Containment is now a priority until SWAT can respond and deploy. A crucial element of any SWAT operation, is negotiating if possible, and obtaining intel such as physical layout, type of weapons involved, potential for bombs etc. A lot of this info is provided by the initial responding officers. If at anytime the shooting starts back up prior to SWAT deploying, the original responding officers face the same problem, can they get to the shooter, do they have the equipment or overwhelming firepower to do so, can they guarantee no civilians will be hit by their on bullets? Good intentions do not trump civil liability. Unfortunately other people may die. The truth of the matter is not every scenario can be resolved within minutes of arrival.

Unregistered

Orlando cops are cowards

There used to be a time when law enforcement officers agreed to take a certain amount of risk if necessary in order to protect the citizens. Over time that has changed to a "cops first, let's all go home" mentality. OPD knew there were hundreds of people in that nightclub and numerous shots fired (victim 911 calls, cars in parking lot, etc.) It had to be obvious that there were many casualties.
    Instead of going in within a reasonable amount of time to save the wounded, the cowardly OPD waited 3 hours to protect their own butts. As the above poster states he didn't think it's his job to "sacrifice".
    What we have in OPD is institutionalized cowardice!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There used to be a time when law enforcement officers agreed to take a certain amount of risk if necessary in order to protect the citizens. Over time that has changed to a "cops first, let's all go home" mentality. OPD knew there were hundreds of people in that nightclub and numerous shots fired (victim 911 calls, cars in parking lot, etc.) It had to be obvious that there were many casualties.
    Instead of going in within a reasonable amount of time to save the wounded, the cowardly OPD waited 3 hours to protect their own butts. As the above poster states he didn't think it's his job to "sacrifice".
    What we have in OPD is institutionalized cowardice!
    Listen pal.
    I am sorry that your queer significant whatever got killed in this mess.
    Take your ****ing meds and stay off of this site, no one cares about what you think.
    Join up and you can lead the charge on the next one; its coming.
    People like you make it almost impossible for the rest of us to believe in God; he couldn't have made so many assholes ! ! !

Unregistered
    Listen pal.
    I am sorry that your queer significant whatever got killed in this mess.
    Take your ****ing meds and stay off of this site, no one cares about what you think.
    Join up and you can lead the charge on the next one; its coming.
    People like you make it almost impossible for the rest of us to believe in God; he couldn't have made so many assholes ! ! !
    Queer? Try Marine Corps Recon you ****ing idiot. It makes me sick to see what pussies you cops have devolved into!

Unregistered
    Recon? Yeah right. You were probably a spoon.

Unregistered
    Queer? Try Marine Corps Recon you ****ing idiot. It makes me sick to see what pussies you cops have devolved into!
    It seems as if I remember that the Recon units were comprised of guys that enjoyed giving reach-arounds in the showers and aggressive dikes with oversize Clits.
    Is that still the case?

FL SWAT cop
    There is a standard for the importance of life when dealing with these type of situations. In order they go like this victims/hostages, innocent civilians, police officers, tactical officers and then suspect. If you put the importance a lower subject above one of a higher standing you run the risk of you mission failing. Having said that I will say that it makes no sense to rush into a no win situation, just to be a hero. If all you will accomplish by rushing in is getting yourself killed, then all you have done is created a bigger problem.

There are also standards on how to deal with active shooters and hostage situations. If the person is actively killing people you go in and neutralize the threat. If the shooter stops shooting and takes hostage you slow your roll, contain and wait for SWAT and negotiations. The public doesn't want to hear that we will step over the wounded to get to the shooter in active shooter situations. Those that are shot or wounded will be helped once we stop the shooter, that is the hard facts of these situations. That is why we need to keep the mind set that this job is done by rough men and women that deal with the ugliness of human nature.

It is a sad state to think that we can legislate ourselves out of danger. Signs will not prevent ignorance from prevailing. Passing laws against guns will only prevent law abiding citizens from obtaining guns. Those that are criminals or have evil in their hearts will find a way to arm themselves.

If you were not on scene in Orlando or have never been in a situation like that you can not judge the officers on their actions. If you are making or passing judgement by what you have seen from the news, then shame on you. God bless all those that are brave enough to put on the uniform, not matter what color it is. They are truly God's warriors.

Unregistered
    What you ***** cops fail to understand is that when dozens of people are shot and bleeding to death, even when the shooter
    stops, it's equivalent to the shooter still being active because he continues to kill by denying medical care to the critically
    wounded. I can understand not wanting to rush in but under the circumstances three hours crossed the line from caution well
    into cowardice.

Unregistered
    Pretty certain all active shooter training across the country is the same. And if it's "active", there is no waiting for any special response units.....

Unregistered
    What you ***** cops fail to understand is that when dozens of people are shot and bleeding to death, even when the shooter
    stops, it's equivalent to the shooter still being active because he continues to kill by denying medical care to the critically
    wounded. I can understand not wanting to rush in but under the circumstances three hours crossed the line from caution well
    into cowardice.
    I can't decide whether to classify being called a coward by a queer is an insult or an enigma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast