Q&A With 124
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A With 124

Unregistered

Q&A With 124

Ok ladies and gentlemen. I've been answering the same questions individually for some time now. I think it would be more effective if I answered them publicly for a change. So ask away. If I know the answer for a fact I'll tell you. If I'm making an educated or informed summation, I'll say so.

Unregistered
    Why were you let go?

Unregistered
    The first question is a good one. What was the deal with firing sim, and Magas. Or removing RA from narc?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why were you let go?
    Ultimately, for threatening to make a formal complaint to the board of directors of the CFA during the mock accreditation assessment. One of the assessors was profoundly unprofessional and incompetent. I voiced my frustration and promised to make that complaint and was gone less than an hour later.

In reality I was a thorn in Kevin Nelson’s side. After they ran Dale Williams off and I began to report directly to Kevin, I became exposed to his mistakes and asinine decision making. Being in the position I was in, I voiced my opinion about those mistakes and/or terrible decisions when I felt that they were detrimental to the agency, and more particularly my subordinates. Tactfully of course. The problem with that is that Kevin lacks the ability to “agree to disagree”. When he receives any resistance, no matter how delicately presented, he see it as an attack and you become the enemy. I always prefaced my disagreements with "I'm always going to do this your way" or "I've already done this your way but..." I knew for the last four or five months that I was there that it was only a matter of time before Kevin and I had our final disagreement.

Unregistered
    The first question is a good one. What was the deal with firing sim, and Magas. Or removing RA from narc?
    I’ll answer that categorically, and start with Magas. I have no clue why he was hired in the first place. I do know that he was fired because he was setting up shop for his personal LE training company at the gun range, and not doing what he was asked to do when he was hired. As I recall the final straw was the fact that the SRO grant required him to maintain certain statistics for reporting purposes. When the reporting period came around he had none of the stats, and was not familiar with the grant for which he was hired to oversee.

As for RA. I really don’t know why he was removed. I’ll tell you that most agencies rotate their narcotics guys every three to five years, as a practice. In this case it made sense to me, because they had a guy ready to step in who had a ton more (and better) experience.

Simeon’s is a long story, and goes back to 2010/11 when the Labelle Nights Bravo shift was GT, Mims, and Simeon. Kevin hated them all for some reason, and if you’ll notice Mims and Simeon are both gone. Kevin is still working diligently to do GT. After his legal problem in Charlotte County, Kevin vowed that Simeon would never return to duty. Even after the charges were dropped by the SAO, Kevin refused to put Simeon back on payed administrative leave. Kevin insisted that he was doing Simeon a favor by delaying the IA to give him time to resign, and even directed me to coerce Simeon to resign before the IA was started. (Simeon and I never had that conversation) The bottom line is that Kevin already knew that Simeon’s girlfriend was going to recant her initial statement from the night of the incident, and that the IA would clear him to return to duty as soon as the shooting investigation was completed and he passed his fit for duty evaluation. Fortunately, while he was preparing for the fight with the agency, Simeon received an offer to go do his dream job and cut his losses.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2629698]I’ll answer that categorically, and start with Magas. I have no clue why he was hired in the first place. I do know that he was fired because he was setting up shop for his personal LE training company at the gun range, and not doing what he was asked to do when he was hired. As I recall the final straw was the fact that the SRO grant required him to maintain certain statistics for reporting purposes. When the reporting period came around he had none of the stats, and was not familiar with the grant for which he was hired to oversee.

As for RA. I really don’t know why he was removed. I’ll tell you that most agencies rotate their narcotics guys every three to five years, as a practice. In this case it made sense to me, because they had a guy ready to step in who had a ton more (and better) experience.

Simeon’s is a long story, and goes back to 2010/11 when the Labelle Nights Bravo shift was GT, Mims, and Simeon. Kevin hated them all for some reason, and if you’ll notice Mims and Simeon are both gone. Kevin is still working diligently to do GT. After his legal problem in Charlotte County, Kevin vowed that Simeon would never return to duty. Even after the charges were dropped by the SAO, Kevin refused to put Simeon back on payed administrative leave. Kevin insisted that he was doing Simeon a favor by delaying the IA to give him time to resign, and even directed me to coerce Simeon to resign before the IA was started. (Simeon and I never had that conversation) The bottom line is that Kevin already knew that Simeon’s girlfriend was going to recant her initial statement from the night of the incident, and that the IA would clear him to return to duty as soon as the shooting investigation was completed and he passed his fit for duty evaluation. Fortunately, while he was preparing for the fight with the agency, Simeon received an offer to go do his dream job and cut his losses.[/QUOTE

I apologize. but I neglected to leave my trademark signature on the posts above.

124 (x2)

Unregistered
    Financially what is the biggest waste the S.O. spends money on? Where could the spend more and where could they spend less?

Unregistered

@124

Im sure there are a few individuals that are currently employed that you feel have no place under your administration. Go ahead and give them their notice now. Who will not be at HCSO in 2017.

Unregistered
    Financially what is the biggest waste the S.O. spends money on? Where could the spend more and where could they spend less?
    As I have not yet seen the budget, that’s a tough one for me to answer at this point. However, I will point out some things I see as waste.

Having a Highway Interdiction Unit in an agency as small and with such a man power deficit is ridiculous. Assigning four K-9 deputies to a 13 miles stretch of US 27 to intercept drugs destined for other jurisdictions makes no sense. Especially at a time when the road patrol shifts are devastated by the mass exodus of deputies. Those assets serve no purpose to the citizens of Hendry County and should be focused on finding narcotics being sold and used within the Hendry communities, and they could do so while assigned to road patrol shifts until the staffing shortage is rectified. In addition, that’s a duplication of services as the FHP has an entire unit dedicated to perform the same function.

At a time when the current administration blames budget shortfalls for everything gone wrong, they continue to hire civilian assistants. Most of whom are friends and/or family. If you work at the agency you know exactly what I mean by that. Hiring a personal assistant to do a Captain’s job while she’s off campaigning for a job in another county… (I’ll quote the Monday Night Football pre-game crew) Come On Man!

Unregistered
    Wish there was a like button on some of these.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast