Q&A With 124 - Page 21
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A With 124

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you mean to tell me it's against the law for a sheriff to interfere or obstruct one of the deputies from making a lawful arrest? Does the administration know of such a law? Do post the Florida statute!
    Official Misconduct. F.S.S 838.022. http://media.graytvinc.com/documents...st+Warrant.pdf

No. I don't believe that anyone within the HCSO administration has any clue. How many times has Steve violated this statute? I can think of 3 or 4 without giving it much thought at all. If you ask him he was "preventing the deputy from making a bad arrest". Why does he only stop deputies from making bad arrests of his buddies? He doesn't stop anyone from making a bad arrest on people he doesn't know. Just sayin...

Unregistered
    In fact! Sometimes he even encourages bad arrests. Just ask Fernando. I personally told Kevin that the elements of the crime (Batt LEO and Agg Stalking) didn't exist, and he told me that they were going to do it anyway and to mind my own business. The result was "prosecution declined", but at least they got a booking photo for a trophy.

Unregistered
    I know the upper admin are probably not too comftorable after reading some of these statements. Especially with 124 leading this excursion to rid Hendry County of this filth and unjust law enforcement. I can think of a few Deputies and higher ups who left who have similiar stories to the ones who have Sheriff's removed from office. Hope he is on good terms with those who left. Highly doubtful though.

Unregistered
    I know the upper admin are probably not too comftorable after reading some of these statements. Especially with 124 leading this excursion to rid Hendry County of this filth and unjust law enforcement. I can think of a few Deputies and higher ups who left who have similiar stories to the ones who have Sheriff's removed from office. Hope he is on good terms with those who left. Highly doubtful though.
    Good terms....Mmm yeah, probably not. Maybe john will get some additional interviews.

Unregistered

Not the Sheriffs Office problem

What does the Garcia campaign plan on doing about the condemned jail? Surely, that'll be a budgetary issue that may affect campaign promises.
    It doesn't affect either way concerning the jail. That responsibility is for the County Commission. Shame on any "Sheriff" who accepts that responsibility.

The State will sue the sitting Sheriff and the Commissioners. But in reality it is the County Commissioners who are responsible for the Sheriffs facilities. (FSS Chapter 30)

Unregistered
    Ok, I have listened, read and researched what I could at this time. After doing so, I have become greatly concerned with both the Sheriff’s response and the nonchalant response of my fellow residents that have posted their opinions and responses on various Facebook pages. So, in a respectful manner, I have attempted, by utilizing bullet points to indicate areas of concern in the response, followed by parentheses to express my concerns, analysis and/or questions that come to mind when reading the Sheriff's response. Please feel free to let me know if my analysis is out in LaLa land or not, for I am not a LEO but understand the necessity of documentation and research/investigation of issues to the full extent due my experience of dealing the State of Florida and the public.

The posted response is as follows with my analysis:
    Ok, so here is my opponents latest fabrication through the use of his mule radio show host John Cardillo, out of Miami. I know I should probably ignore it, but a lot of people believe what they hear on the radio, and my opponent has shared it through Facebook.
    Mr. Cardillo gets on the radio this morning and claims that I kept the deputies from arresting a guy on a supposed hit and run of a 15 year old girl. It is very clear that he is taking the word of Garcia and that he has not read the report. Here are the facts of the case.
    • A 15 year old girl was walking to the bus stop in the dark, in the road, wearing dark clothing (So, was the driver not aware that kids walk down this road to go to the school bus? What was the speeding limit on this road? Was the driver exceeding the speed limit?)
    • A pickup truck comes by and clips her on the arm breaking the mirror. (What is the velocity of impact required to break a side mirror on a truck? What is the distance from the tip of the mirror to the side of the vehicle? 4 inches to 10 inches?) (“clips her on the arm” if the mirror clipper on the arm, she or the mirror should have been deflected enough to prevent the breaking of the mirror. Common sense would indicate that the object the mirror struck must have been close to the center of the mirror) (Bottom Line, the driver almost ran her over! How tall was she? What kind of truck was it? If the truck was a Toyota she would have to be close to 5ft tall to hit her arm, full size truck over 5ft tall)
    • The girl goes to the bus stop and waits for the bus. She gets on the bus and goes to school telling no one about the incident until later. Her mother brings her to the office later that day to report. We tell her to take her to the doctor to get checked out and come back. She returns to the office and tells the deputy she has bruising but nothing serious. (She has bruising? Again – how fast does a vehicle have to travel in order to break a side mirror against a 15 year old girls arm?) (Did the mother not want to press charges? I mean, her daughter almost got run over by a TRUCK that was going fast enough to break the side mirror, but it is “nothing serious”. And even though the daughter was almost run over, we are not pressing any charges – said no mother ever!)
    • The deputies respond to the scene and locate a piece of the broken mirror and identify the vehicle through serial numbers on the glass. Approximately two weeks later, the deputies conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle and tell the driver he is under investigation for hit and run. (What was the infraction for the initial traffic stop? Did the drive receive a ticket for it?)
    • The driver, who I only know through seeing at different restaurants, calls me on the phone and tells me the deputies are trying to arrest him for hit and run. (If you only “know the driver through seeing at different restaurants”, why does he have your number? I usually only exchange numbers with friends or business associates. Did he call your cell phone or office number?) (Scenario- Cop tells me I am being arrested, but before I am hand cuffed, I call the Sheriff, who only knows me through seeing me at different restaurants, to get out of it. And since when does a Hendry County Deputy “Try” to arrest someone? They either arrest you or they don’t, right?)
    • I asked him to tell me what happened. He stated that approximately two weeks ago, he was traveling home down the road in the dark when he heard a noise. He thought his tire had thrown something up and hit his truck. He said he didn't think anything of it until he reached his destination and realized his mirror was broken. (So he did not use the mirror during the rest of his commute home and only noticed that it was missing when he got there? And he was going home and not to work between 6AM to 7AM?) (Wait, so you trust the word of this guy over the Deputy? Isn’t this guy is a convicted felon, {According to John Cardillo and the Federal Government}, but has enough sway to call and get out a ticket and/or from being arrested?)
    • Thinking that he may have hit a mailbox or something, he decided to go back to where he thought he heard the noise. He stated that he didn't see anything in the road. The only thing he saw was a school bus with its lights on traveling on the road. I then spoke with the deputy who stated the gentlemen told him the same thing. I told the deputy that we know he came back to the scene because he saw the bus. Based on the fact that the guy came back to the scene, I didn't feel that his actions met the elements of the crime of leaving the scene of an accident. (Did his actions meet the elements of reckless driving? He did hit a 15 year old girl! And if so, was he charged?)
    • However, I asked the deputy to take sworn statements from everyone and to send it to the State Attorney's Office for a warrant review, which we did. The state agreed and denied the warrant. If the State had filed the warrant, we would have arrested him but they did not. (Under the Florida Sunshine Law and the FOIA, we can request these documents to be produced. This will provide the transparency needed for voters to discern if the Incumbent is performing the public service assigned by him by the voters and residents of Hendry County.) We did our job.
    • Mr. Cardillo also made the allegation that on a different case, I told the deputies to stop working on murder cases and start looking for stolen coolers. This just did not happen. Very coincidental that Garcia told the same lie at the Harlem Forum about a month ago.(I have left this section out of my analysis for the time being)
    • You know, a huge part of being a Sheriff is to know the laws well enough to keep deputies from making bad arrests (What is defined as a bad arrest? Does this indicate that the Deputies are not well trained enough? And if so, why are they not trained better? You have been our Sheriff for almost two full terms, if this is a problem, have they been trained to better to understand the law and make only good arrests?)
    • and I have done this on more that one occasion (How many “Occasions” have there been? Are they documented? If so, we request Under the Florida Sunshine Law and the FOIA that these documents to be produced.) (Once more, on the subject of “bad arrests”, are bad arrests the Deputies are making a reoccurring problem? Sounds like it. Again, why are you staffing our Sheriff’s Department with Deputies that are making bad arrests? Do you need to train them better? Or have they been trained better? Or is there a disconnect between the Deputies and Management?).
    • I did not attempt to keep a friend out of jail, as Mr. Garcia and Mr. Cardillo claimed. (Again, he has your number. Did he call your cell or the office?)
    • If I did, I would have told the deputy to simply not arrest the guy, instead of sending the incident to the State for a warrant. (Under the Florida Sunshine Law and the FOIA provide these documents) Like I said in my previous post, Mr. Cardillo is taking my opponents allegations as facts and has not conducted any research to find the truth. This is radio sensationalism at its finest folks!!!

My Summation:
    A 15 year old girl gets hit with the side mirror on a truck hard enough to break the mirror and the driver got what? !
    Ok, he is not charged with a hit and run, but why not reckless driving?
    And while and arrest attempt is being made, he is able to call the Sheriff, whom he only knows from seeing him in restaurants, and gets out of being arrested at that time?
    I guess the fault sounds like it is the 15 years old’s for walking to the school bus stop in the dark while wearing dark clothes and not the driver that hit her with his truck mirror.
    Sorry dude, hit my kid with your truck mirror and get out of it completely, sounds like I would be having problems with the driver, the Sheriff and the State’s Attorney.
    Is this a bunch of BS or What? Please let me know,

Thanks,
    The Wizard Of OZ

Unregistered
    Im glad someone else saw through the b.s. response. They found him well before 2 weeks. Pulled over for a stop sign violation. Also no one I have met in restautants has my number and I nor Steve would answer phone at 6:45 am unless is was someone important like a close friend. I would dig further wizard and call the S.A.O. I am sure their story of events is different.

"Follow the yellow brick road."

Unregistered
    Wizard,

Your assessment of Steve's attempt to justify his actions are accurate, and his post is riddled with ridiculous lies. You posed a ton of questions, most of which are rhetorical. I'll clear up a couple of the highlights for you, most of which are contained within the report. 1. The girl was clearly not walking in the road. 2. The girl got on her bus and when she arrived at shcool immediately went to the clinic. Her mother had her picked up and at the HCSO main office just a few minutes after 8 am. 3. She was most definitely injured. 4. Steve's description of how the driver arrived at his destination, found his mirror broken, and returned to the scene clearly admits that he left the scene. 5. Approximately 6 weeks after the fact the little girl's attorney called the SAO to inquire about the status of the case. The SAO did not have the case and had to request if from the HCSO. Therefore they had not declined prosecution. 6. (Most important) During the stop the driver was given his Miranda Rights, and confessed to the crime. 7. The confession was made on a Tuesday morning. The driver surrendered to the Federal Department of Correction 3 days later on Friday morning. Why Steve is taking calls from a federally convicted felon is a question that really needs to be answered.

Florida State Statute 316.027(2)a. Crash involving death or personal injuries.

In his delusional account of the event, Steve clearly fulfilled all of the elements of the crime. Then made the comment that the elements of the crime didn't exist. He's clearly trying to lie his way out of this one as he has done so many times before. He's been doing this for years. He gets away with it because the deputies fear for their jobs and the citizens victimized by him fear retaliation. I can assure you that behavior like this from the sheriff is a major contributing factor to the loss of approximately 24 deputies in the last 18 months.

Everything I've told you is available to you through public information requests, however the local media is already doing that for you. Give it a couple days and the truth will come out

Unregistered

@124

Wizard,

Your assessment of Steve's attempt to justify his actions are accurate, and his post is riddled with ridiculous lies. You posed a ton of questions, most of which are rhetorical. I'll clear up a couple of the highlights for you, most of which are contained within the report. 1. The girl was clearly not walking in the road. 2. The girl got on her bus and when she arrived at shcool immediately went to the clinic. Her mother had her picked up and at the HCSO main office just a few minutes after 8 am. 3. She was most definitely injured. 4. Steve's description of how the driver arrived at his destination, found his mirror broken, and returned to the scene clearly admits that he left the scene. 5. Approximately 6 weeks after the fact the little girl's attorney called the SAO to inquire about the status of the case. The SAO did not have the case and had to request if from the HCSO. Therefore they had not declined prosecution. 6. (Most important) During the stop the driver was given his Miranda Rights, and confessed to the crime. 7. The confession was made on a Tuesday morning. The driver surrendered to the Federal Department of Correction 3 days later on Friday morning. Why Steve is taking calls from a federally convicted felon is a question that really needs to be answered.

Florida State Statute 316.027(2)a. Crash involving death or personal injuries.

In his delusional account of the event, Steve clearly fulfilled all of the elements of the crime. Then made the comment that the elements of the crime didn't exist. He's clearly trying to lie his way out of this one as he has done so many times before. He's been doing this for years. He gets away with it because the deputies fear for their jobs and the citizens victimized by him fear retaliation. I can assure you that behavior like this from the sheriff is a major contributing factor to the loss of approximately 24 deputies in the last 18 months.

Everything I've told you is available to you through public information requests, however the local media is already doing that for you. Give it a couple days and the truth will come out

This sounds like official misconduct to me FS. 838.022. I think the framework was laid by Steve's own admissions. I guess he thinks he is an attorney also because of the fact he believes he knows what the state would deem to be a good filing decision. I wonder if he know that he's staring down the barrel of a gun by playing a game with his freedom.

Unregistered
    This sounds like official misconduct to me FS. 838.022. I think the framework was laid by Steve's own admissions. I guess he thinks he is an attorney also because of the fact he believes he knows what the state would deem to be a good filing decision. I wonder if he know that he's staring down the barrel of a gun by playing a game with his freedom.
    Looks like he has no clue. Typically, of course. Too busy playing facebook wars with voters who dare question his ethics. Even they notice he can't return a call but loves to keyboard nazi. Starting to look like the favors falling away though. Only a handful of felons and employees talking now. Plus the few he's actually drafting responses for. The rest are playing the scenarios out. Maybe if he took a break from social media to actually work or something reality would sneak in.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast