One hell of a weekend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

One hell of a weekend

God Bless you guys you have had one hell of a weekend and your agency is in our prayers!

Great work OPD on the active shooter you all stay safe and watch each other close.

Retired Pasco Sheriff's Office

Unregistered
    My prayers are with you all. What a horrible call and scene to deal with. Know that your brothers and sisters feel you pain and outrage.

Unregistered

Great job in a very difficult situation Orlando P.D.

I am writing this in light of the Orlando tragedy in which, at the current time of this writing, 50 people have been reported as killed and approximately 53 seriously injured. An attack that elected officials, BOTH Democrat and Republican based on known intelligence information have in no uncertain terms, called this a terrorist attack on the United States of America and the worst mass killing in United States history.

I, as a career law enforcement officer of over 36 years understand what the responding officers were going through as they arrived on the scene. Among the confusion and the terror the responding officers made their way into a shooting gallery of death and devastation as chaos rained around them. Without option, they jeopardized their own lives to serve and protect the people that they were sworn to when they took on the responsibility as law enforcement officers. I extend MY personal thanks, and respect for the service and sacrifice that each and every member of the Orlando Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff's Office made in those early morning hour. I also extend my appreciation to every other law enforcement officer in this country who makes that same commitment and sacrifice every single day. Be safe!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am writing this in light of the Orlando tragedy in which, at the current time of this writing, 50 people have been reported as killed and approximately 53 seriously injured. An attack that elected officials, BOTH Democrat and Republican based on known intelligence information have in no uncertain terms, called this a terrorist attack on the United States of America and the worst mass killing in United States history.

I, as a career law enforcement officer of over 36 years understand what the responding officers were going through as they arrived on the scene. Among the confusion and the terror the responding officers made their way into a shooting gallery of death and devastation as chaos rained around them. Without option, they jeopardized their own lives to serve and protect the people that they were sworn to when they took on the responsibility as law enforcement officers. I extend MY personal thanks, and respect for the service and sacrifice that each and every member of the Orlando Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff's Office made in those early morning hour. I also extend my appreciation to every other law enforcement officer in this country who makes that same commitment and sacrifice every single day. Be safe!
    Man, you are totally out of touch with reality......OPD displayed cowardice when they were really needed.
    OPD should do a public service announcement: "When the bullets start flying and seconds count...you can count on OPD to respond in 3 hours or less. Guaranteed!"

Unregistered
    Ok, let me see if I got this straight.

You want me to risk my life over a building full of homosexuals, being killed by a Muslim? after all, both sides have shown so much respect for law enforcement.
    This is the Democrats worse nightmare; they have to claim to be sorry for the victims while protecting the Muslims. The new and improved totally politicized FBI will get their orders from Valerie Jarrett to make this appear random, the Liberal media will become apoplectic as to what side to choose and Hillary is happy as Hell to have the focus off her and the Federal Investigations.

What a country ! ! !
    Barack Obama "Islam is a religion of peace"
    Maybe the perp was just upset because he wanted to use the transgender bathroom and was denied. Damn Republicans!

Just Another Guest
    You folks are handling one of the most feared responses like well prepared LEO's are supposed to. It is my sincere hope that those we call leaders wake up and realize that those who would do us harm are here among us, and we must respond by aggressively addressing radical behavior and conduct sooner rather than later. If today has any meaning at all, our later, like today, is too late. Well done. You have my sincere respect. It is my sincere hope that when it happens here in my community we respond as well. You've set the example.

Wes Smith
    Greenville Co., SC

Unregistered

Lightbulb

Barack Obama "Islam is a religion of peace"
    Maybe the perp was just upset because he wanted to use the transgender bathroom and was denied. Damn Republicans!
    You missed the point; it was a gay club, he could have used whichever he wanted.
    Don't you get it? When politically you can't hold someone accountable; blame the gun ! ! ! ! !
    These assholes are so predictable it boggles the mind.

Unregistered
    Everything will be fine.

The F.B.I will conclude their investigation after the elections and release their findings concurrent with the Hilary Clinton investigation(s) results.
    There will be no actionable conclusions to either investigation and George W. Bush will be indicted for single handed causing Global Warming.
    Meanwhile let's shift the blame to the guns and Trump and act as if nothing has happened.

Unregistered
    "Man, you are totally out of touch with reality......OPD displayed cowardice when they were really needed.
    OPD should do a public service announcement: "When the bullets start flying and seconds count...you can count on OPD to respond in 3 hours or less. Guaranteed"

So please enlighten us on the proper response. Active shooter 101 is that you push the fight until there is no more shooting, i.e. the shooter takes hostages. Then it is no longer an active shooter it is a hostage situation. which the average patrol officer is no trained to deal with. They did what they needed to do, contain the situation and wait on SWAT. If you look at some of the pictures of where OPD SWAT made their breach, it looks like bullet holes around their entry point. So you calling them cowards is obviously a statement made out of ignorance.

Sometimes life gives you a shit sandwich and all you can do is take a bite. Great job by all the first responders.

Unregistered
    50 people dead. How many severly wounded victims bled to death while the cowardly OPD waited 3 hours before going in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast