Employment question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey man knock it off. Take your jaded personality elsewhere. This is a great agency. I come from military and prior LE. Unless you have worked for another LE agency. You don't know how good we've got it.
    Nobody said it's not a great agency. You're not the only one who came from the military and who has worked for another LE agency. However, having a bunch of misfits and misfires in the SSO command staff is still the rule of the day. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

Unregistered
    HR will read you the rule from the General Orders. If your on the like list, you can live many many many miles outside of the county and it will be no problem. If your not a suck-up and if you drive 5 feet over the county line, the administration will have your head. It's not fair for everyone, but only for a select few.
    We are not stupid and when we see double standards, it is not healthy for morale. People may smile on the outside (for job security), but the glaring double-standards are noticed and are talked about. Double-standards exist because of a lack of integrity from Knight and his appointed staff members.

Unregistered
    What is the starting salary and how does it compare to the other local agencies?

Unregistered
    The pay is good.

Equipment is outstanding.

Line personnel are awesome (at least in patrol).

But all the benefits (right now) are outweighed by an extremely dangerous senior administration at the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office.

Stay safe!
    Agreed. The pay is good (thank you county commissioners), but the current sheriff and his appointed executive administrators are very dangerous. Nobody is complaining about the pay, although more is always better. :-)

Unregistered

New Title for the Trolls!

Watch of for the 2nd Floor, soon to be called the 3rd Floor (new building) in September!

Unregistered
    The 2nd floor trolls were supposed to move into the new building this summer. What's the delay?

Unregistered
    New Title for the Trolls! Watch of for the 2nd Floor, soon to be called the 3rd Floor (new building) in September!
    Old trolls moving into a new building = same old story

Unregistered
    Quick question, I have 13 years experience here in Polk county and looking to move to Sarasota. With my experience would I start off at a higher step then the rookies or same. Just worsening because HCSO and Polk has offered me step 6

Unregistered
    Quick question, I have 13 years experience here in Polk county and looking to move to Sarasota. With my experience would I start off at a higher step then the rookies or same. Just worsening because HCSO and Polk has offered me step 6
    Yes, you will start at a higher step, but only HR can tell you exactly which step you're eligible to start at.

Unregistered
    Yes, you will start at a higher step, but only HR can tell you exactly which step you're eligible to start at.
    Thanks stay safe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast