New LTs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New LTs

Unregistered

New LTs

Congrats to the new LT who was promoted today. Its nice to see the two newest LTs came from in house rather than from the outside. I never met either of you but havent beard anythibg negative so make us proud!

Unregistered
    Yeah but both been here less than 2 years

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah but both been here less than 2 years
    So they fit right in with the rest of the LT's. Look at it like this. At least they can spell ABT. A two year LT is only half as annoying as a two year captain. Good luck to both.

Unregistered
    Whats the over under on how long they each last?

Unregistered
    Whats the over under on how long they each last?
    First off, both guys are pretty solid individuals. Both have experience at other agencies with the Jax Lt having a very long and distinguished career there. Would I prefer to give an LT position to a person with 2 years or less at ABT? No. I would say at least 5 years at ABT... ideally. However, sometimes there are things out of our control. Not sure how many other internal applicants applied or were those internal applicants that bad they had to give it to these guys. This is not a dig on the ability and character of those two. I just want to see some quality people with ABT longevity start getting these positions. BUT there are very few left that meet that criteria who want to promote.

Unregistered
    If you have been employed here any substantial length of time as an Agent you are most likely hesitant to promote to a LT. We have all seen how they are treated and all though things are getting better now our (ABT) history makes us cautious. Many Agents do not rely on LT's (hired from outside or with no significant time as Agent) for answers, we call one another for advice. That's no different than at any other LE Agency.

Unregistered
    When I ask my Lt a beverage question the answer is let me do some research and I will get back to you. He then calls Wayne for the answer. I have started cutting out the middle man and making the call myself.

Unregistered
    The good thing about beverage law is it can wait. It will never be a life or death decision you have time to look it up.

The people who pride thenseleves as being knowledgeable about beverage law scare me. Yeah they can cite the law but i bet if someone starting shooting they would try to issue a notice to stop before shooting back.

I saw things at spring break that down right worried me. Agents writing citations and totally ignoring their surroundings. Leaving their gun exposed. Letting people walk up on their back side. Horrible.

I know both of these lts come from working rough streets so there experience and knowledge will benefit their offices. Beverage law can be learned.

Unregistered
    The good thing about beverage law is it can wait. It will never be a life or death decision you have time to look it up.

The people who pride thenseleves as being knowledgeable about beverage law scare me. Yeah they can cite the law but i bet if someone starting shooting they would try to issue a notice to stop before shooting back.

I saw things at spring break that down right worried me. Agents writing citations and totally ignoring their surroundings. Leaving their gun exposed. Letting people walk up on their back side. Horrible.

I know both of these lts come from working rough streets so there experience and knowledge will benefit their offices. Beverage law can be learned.
    There are so many things wrong with your statement.
    Beverage law is what we do. Learn it or go back to signal 22 and signal 4 calls.
    The crack about issuing a notice during a shooting was stupid at best.
    You saw things at spring break that upset you? How did the poor agent react when you shared your advanced tactical sense of being in an attempt to save them from impending doom?
    Working rough streets? Good. Maybe they will appreciate what a good job they have now. If they want to be a benefit to others they need to learn beverage law. Quickly. One more thing Tacticool. It is Their not There.

Unregistered

I get what you are saying. You don't need to be valuable to the agency as long as you have good street smarts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast