Embarrassment of a detective - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is going to hurt but the truth always does. The fault of the NB going to shit is the command staff in place. This is what happens when you leave people their as LT then Caparain and so on. I've always wondered why we have such young kids and girls who want to look cool in a place filled with temptAtiom like NB. The place is due for a complete makeover and the only way that will happen is outsiders coming in and cleaning the place. Oh and if you want to criticize me, guess what, I served their honorably for many many years, maybe I still do.
    Right a makeover of individuals who have no experience in narcotics.. It's not something you learn over night. The problem is not the command staff in place. The problem is US! We can't keep our mouths shut to save our lives! We should be the backbone of a place that takes care of its people. It's nice to reap the benefits that a bureau has and gives you! But you have to put your part too. So sorry to tell you, when you honorably serve a place in which you are no longer in, you honorably back it up.. That's honor.. Not disgracing those trying to make a difference. So, I'm guessing you are hating the road...

Unregistered
    If Noel hooked him up then he must be "un mojon de Pelé"

Unregistered

The Tuth Hurts

Right a makeover of individuals who have no experience in narcotics.. It's not something you learn over night. The problem is not the command staff in place. The problem is US! We can't keep our mouths shut to save our lives! We should be the backbone of a place that takes care of its people. It's nice to reap the benefits that a bureau has and gives you! But you have to put your part too. So sorry to tell you, when you honorably serve a place in which you are no longer in, you honorably back it up.. That's honor.. Not disgracing those trying to make a difference. So, I'm guessing you are hating the road...
    Like I said the, the truth would hurt. Fact is I'm not on the road, just an honorable professional that has brought these topics up to all command before and they are just interested in bringing kids their friends they have brought to the bureau tell them. The result is what we have now. I only even know about this forum because these idiots talk about it and how they go after each other on it. So my dear, now we have what we have. No respect from each other, state attorney or most importantly the public. No command reads this just media folk. I for one have spent to my of my weekend reading this BS. NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTILL COMMAND CHANGES. BE HONEST. WHEN THAT CHANGES, the detectives who serve here will change.

Unregistered
    At what point you didn't have narcotics experience either unless you dealt before applying, so what's the point?....if you're dirty, you're dirty....remember GED is all that's needed!!

Unregistered
    At what point you didn't have narcotics experience either unless you dealt before applying, so what's the point?....if you're dirty, you're dirty....remember GED is all that's needed!!
    I wear my badge proudly, I'm not perfect but not a criminal. Those who work on the road and do the same things the narcotics detectives do. Hustle, hunt, look for the next stat.. Not sit behind and take a 12 for endless hours, or handle those scary 25's.. It's takes experience!! That's what make a good detective, not just a detective... Anyone could be that, even you buddy!!

Unregistered
    I guess I'm one of the few with no connections, no mom and dad in the department, Master degree and in the military reserves, currently in the process. My ultimate goal get as many years experience in the streets and when I know and I can to be ready to work in a specialized unit.

Unregistered
    I guess I'm one of the few with no connections, no mom and dad in the department, Master degree and in the military reserves, currently in the process. My ultimate goal get as many years experience in the streets and when I know and I can to be ready to work in a specialized unit.
    I have O zero connections as well.. I strive for my work to open the doors. And in the end of they don't, it's ok, bc I'm still doing and giving what was instilled in me as a child. I'll give you the best advice, if you are on this forum and in the process, you have a dooming career...

Unregistered

The original post is definitely Mr. Valdivia himself

Most detectives now are postalita. They act like they are in the movie "Miami Vice" I know Jesse and he's a jokester but he follows the crowd. His own friends talk smack behind his back because nobody takes him seriously. He can't initiate a case to save his life. It's all gimme's. If it wasn't for the tips being handed to him he wouldnt know what to do. When he left MIdwest and hammocks he forgot who his true friends were and started kissing the right a$$ and it worked for him. His entire circle of so called friends are postalitas. It's all about who drives the best rental and scams the most overtime. My friend ur 2 weeks away from the road so humble yourself. Now you even have road guys starting blogs about you.

Unregistered
    Most detectives now are postalita. They act like they are in the movie "Miami Vice" I know Jesse and he's a jokester but he follows the crowd. His own friends talk smack behind his back because nobody takes him seriously. He can't initiate a case to save his life. It's all gimme's. If it wasn't for the tips being handed to him he wouldnt know what to do. When he left MIdwest and hammocks he forgot who his true friends were and started kissing the right a$$ and it worked for him. His entire circle of so called friends are postalitas. It's all about who drives the best rental and scams the most overtime. My friend ur 2 weeks away from the road so humble yourself. Now you even have road guys starting blogs about you.
    Sadly, there has always been that element in narcotics that are only concerned with getting upgrade rentals, nicer phones and scamming OT. Some of the worst offenders, are gold badges.

Unregistered

Nailed it!

Sadly, there has always been that element in narcotics that are only concerned with getting upgrade rentals, nicer phones and scamming OT. Some of the worst offenders, are gold badges.
    very true. I've seen slips for 3hrs when all they did was bring coffee to the scene and ride out. I'm not disgruntled but don't be greedy with our slips.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast