Israel promotes Joe Fernandez to BSO Fire Chief
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Israel promotes Joe Fernandez to BSO Fire Chief

Sheriff Israel yesterday promoted Joe Fernandez to be our new Fire Chief. That puts him in the top, inner circle and makes him the highest ranked Hispanic at BSO. Add to that Major Llorena, Major Reyes, and all his other hires/SGT-LT promotions, and Sheriff Israel is really diversifying BSO. If you've ever worked with the Chief in our EOC, you know he's a great guy.

Also heard IAFF is thrilled with Fernandez. I'd bet they get solidly behind Israel now.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sheriff Israel yesterday promoted Joe Fernandez to be our new Fire Chief. That puts him in the top, inner circle and makes him the highest ranked Hispanic at BSO. Add to that Major Llorena, Major Reyes, and all his other hires/SGT-LT promotions, and Sheriff Israel is really diversifying BSO. If you've ever worked with the Chief in our EOC, you know he's a great guy.

Also heard IAFF is thrilled with Fernandez. I'd bet they get solidly behind Israel now.
    We knew the pressure to begin promoting Hispanics was going to work! He has to know how many of us lives and vote in this county.

Unregistered
    Now the best move would be an Hispanic Colonel in charge of DLE.

Unregistered

Sheriff Stupido

Congrats to Fernandez!

But did you have to go straight to the race card? Thanks for the 411, we wouldn't have figured it out. You just told us and Fernandez that he was only hired because of his Latino heritage...

Now here's what sad about whoever posted this, stupido. If Joe's last name was Gold-a-witz-stein, would he have gotten promoted? Moreover, would he have gotten promoted months ago or conveniently while the sheriff primaries are being battled out and all of a sudden everyone is crying, "We need more Hispanics".

Are we done yet? Do we have enough women, blacks, gays, Latinos, Muslims, etc. boxes checked yet? Please hire and tout a few more transgenders but make them wear special uniforms so the world can see how great and fair BSO is. Have a parade with the media and huge fanfare and when you're finally finished, let's go back and hire and promote employees based on skill set and real scores.

Again, I'm sure Fernandez is terrific but we all know there are plenty of "minorities" (women, race, religion, whatever the complaint of the day is) who SUCK at their job here and it's unfair to the "minorities" and the "non-minorities" (whatever the hell that means anymore) who actually worked hard and earned their spot or get passed over a spot to satisfy this Sheriff's diversification/affirmative action crap.

If you've been here a while, you remember the strict process/background checks of BSO and when I see what's been promoted/hired lately I am proud to know I earn my paycheck. To the losers, you either know you didn't earn your job/promo legitimately and have been lied to and you suck, or you are so blinded by what you've been spoon-fed that there's no reasoning with you.

Unregistered
    I'm happy for Joe but let's not forget he fired our Fire Chief Neil Dejesus too and Neil is Hispanic!

Unregistered
    Congrats to Fernandez!

But did you have to go straight to the race card? Thanks for the 411, we wouldn't have figured it out. You just told us and Fernandez that he was only hired because of his Latino heritage...

Now here's what sad about whoever posted this, stupido. If Joe's last name was Gold-a-witz-stein, would he have gotten promoted? Moreover, would he have gotten promoted months ago or conveniently while the sheriff primaries are being battled out and all of a sudden everyone is crying, "We need more Hispanics".

Are we done yet? Do we have enough women, blacks, gays, Latinos, Muslims, etc. boxes checked yet? Please hire and tout a few more transgenders but make them wear special uniforms so the world can see how great and fair BSO is. Have a parade with the media and huge fanfare and when you're finally finished, let's go back and hire and promote employees based on skill set and real scores.

Again, I'm sure Fernandez is terrific but we all know there are plenty of "minorities" (women, race, religion, whatever the complaint of the day is) who SUCK at their job here and it's unfair to the "minorities" and the "non-minorities" (whatever the hell that means anymore) who actually worked hard and earned their spot or get passed over a spot to satisfy this Sheriff's diversification/affirmative action crap.

If you've been here a while, you remember the strict process/background checks of BSO and when I see what's been promoted/hired lately I am proud to know I earn my paycheck. To the losers, you either know you didn't earn your job/promo legitimately and have been lied to and you suck, or you are so blinded by what you've been spoon-fed that there's no reasoning with you.
    Yes we do need more trans genders. They are part of our community. Don't like it? Move to Iraq. They behead them there.

Unregistered
    Yes we do need more trans genders. They are part of our community. Don't like it? Move to Iraq. They behead them there.
    Nice job skipping over the whole point of the post you smelly armpit fascist.

.003% moron, and send them right to d-15. I love it! Let's make the radicals super uncomfortable. Put 'em on the dive team in speedos! FYI- we have beheadings and Sharia Law in America in case you just woke up...

Unregistered
    Incredible! We have good African Americans firefighters with experience but he choose a Hispanic just to please them? Are you for real Sheriff?

Unregistered
    We knew the pressure to begin promoting Hispanics was going to work! He has to know how many of us lives and vote in this county.
    I would like to see a gay Chief...

Unregistered
    I'm happy for Joe but let's not forget he fired our Fire Chief Neil Dejesus too and Neil is Hispanic!
    Neil is hispanic???!!! really??? You would never know it considering I pronounced DeJesus in spanish and he asked me to pronounce it in english. Piece of s#$@ in the eyes of any hispanic that ever met him good riddance! And also lets not overlook the fact that he was way in over his head unlike Fernandez which is very qualified for the position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast