Israel promotes Joe Fernandez to BSO Fire Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sheriff Israel yesterday promoted Joe Fernandez to be our new Fire Chief. That puts him in the top, inner circle and makes him the highest ranked Hispanic at BSO. Add to that Major Llorena, Major Reyes, and all his other hires/SGT-LT promotions, and Sheriff Israel is really diversifying BSO. If you've ever worked with the Chief in our EOC, you know he's a great guy.

Also heard IAFF is thrilled with Fernandez. I'd bet they get solidly behind Israel now.
    The fact that they are hispanic has nothing to do with anything... the bottom line is that Fernandez is the best person for the job. Period.

Unregistered
    The fact that they are hispanic has nothing to do with anything... the bottom line is that Fernandez is the best person for the job. Period.
    He was also the best person for the job 4 years ago when the Hispanic vote didn't matter. Great timing, Sir. Yeah, you really care lol. Politician, I tell you. Go to Tallahassee and stay there.

Unregistered
    This is BS! The complaints about the last Chief were too much and he changed him. This change has nothing to do with the Hispanic votes. SI people already said that Hispanics are "irrelevant".

Unregistered
    Sheriff Israel yesterday promoted Joe Fernandez to be our new Fire Chief. That puts him in the top, inner circle and makes him the highest ranked Hispanic at BSO. Add to that Major Llorena, Major Reyes, and all his other hires/SGT-LT promotions, and Sheriff Israel is really diversifying BSO. If you've ever worked with the Chief in our EOC, you know he's a great guy.

Also heard IAFF is thrilled with Fernandez. I'd bet they get solidly behind Israel now.
    We do have a problem with that Hispanic vote group. They have to change the board asap.

Unregistered
    We do have a problem with that Hispanic vote group. They have to change the board asap.
    Everyone knows that go up has an agenda because they endorsed Lamberti and none of them got anything under Israel. They are not about hispanics, they are about their hispanics (members). The numbers speak for themselves, Sheriff Israel has promoted more hispanics and to higher levels than any previous sheriff, period. They are just up set because "their" hispanics were left out.

Unregistered
    Everyone knows that go up has an agenda because they endorsed Lamberti and none of them got anything under Israel. They are not about hispanics, they are about their hispanics (members). The numbers speak for themselves, Sheriff Israel has promoted more hispanics and to higher levels than any previous sheriff, period. They are just up set because "their" hispanics were left out.
    Why you keep comparing SI with Lamberti? None of them has done anything for the Hispanics. The best pieces of the cake are only going to the African Americans. SI only cares about the black vote and he's not afraid of saying it.

Unregistered
    I agreed with you on this. The boss needs to stop sending our community outreach people to their meetings. We aren't welcome there. I just don't see the point.

Unregistered
    Why you keep comparing SI with Lamberti? None of them has done anything for the Hispanics. The best pieces of the cake are only going to the African Americans. SI only cares about the black vote and he's not afraid of saying it.
    Reread the post, their is no comparison made between the two...

Unregistered
    Reread the post, their is no comparison made between the two...
    I agreed. The amount of cronies is way bigger under this regime of terror. This county will be so much better that great day when we see SI leaving the PSB followed by his cronies. It will happen.

Unregistered
    Neil is hispanic???!!! really??? You would never know it considering I pronounced DeJesus in spanish and he asked me to pronounce it in english. Piece of s#$@ in the eyes of any hispanic that ever met him good riddance! And also lets not overlook the fact that he was way in over his head unlike Fernandez which is very qualified for the position.
    Neal was not Hispanic, and would tell you he wasn't a Latino. He was of Portuguese descent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast