Miami shooting - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Miami shooting

Unregistered
    Agree ! He's toast, what the hell is he doing jumping on the hood of that car , for a traffic ticket ?

You would think the bad guy is holding a small child hostage , and that's why he did all these hero tactics ? Hasn't this " people's Hero ". Legend in his own mind " heard of the Ferguson effect ?

That's what I live by now. Do all that's required , and NO more ! I want to go home every night, with no issues, or worries, and enjoy my pension ! Wait and see, how they burn this " Hero " pretty stupid on his part, but I wish him luck !

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree ! He's toast, what the hell is he doing jumping on the hood of that car , for a traffic ticket ?

You would think the bad guy is holding a small child hostage , and that's why he did all these hero tactics ? Hasn't this " people's Hero ". Legend in his own mind " heard of the Ferguson effect ?

That's what I live by now. Do all that's required , and NO more ! I want to go home every night, with no issues, or worries, and enjoy my pension ! Wait and see, how they burn this " Hero " pretty stupid on his part, but I wish him luck !
    Same thoughts here. Been a trooper for 14 years and wouldn't dream of doing that. I'm totally into " The Ferguson Effect " ! Those proactive, hero type days are over ! Good luck to him, but have to agree, the powers to be will fry this guys ass. Doing stuff like that these days, just ain't worth it.

Unregistered

Unhappy Trooper will be the sacrificial lamb, wait and see

http://www.local10.com/news/crime/fh...-miami-gardens

Thats the video above.
    Personally , I think they are going to hang this guy, due to the way he went about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he capped, and killed the asshole driver, but it's the way he put himself in this situation, and why the hell would anyone jump on the hood like that, kinda Hollywood ?

I think this guy has watched to many Clint Eastwood movies ???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdsntfR7eI
    They will burn him for this, no matter what ! Was it worth it for a ticket ? And whats with the Hood Jump ?
    Sorry Charlie, when are young gung ho troopers like you going to learn ????

Unregistered
    I watched the video of the incident. Was a Master Corporal for 15 years and with the patrol for 30 years. I hate to say this was not a clean shoot. He had places to exit. It's manslaughter!
    Hate to agree , but your totally correct, no doubt ! What the hell was this trooper thinking ?
    Wait and see, they will make him an example !

Unregistered

Second guessers

Hate to agree , but your totally correct, no doubt ! What the hell was this trooper thinking ?
    Wait and see, they will make him an example !
    Hang in there Trooper, I've been there where you stand. The "news" media will crucify you. Your "stupedvisors" will back you up as long as the incident does not interfere with their career. Some of your fellow Troopers will monday morning quarterback the situation to the n'th degree. Were they there? If there is a coroners inquest, your asshole Lt., etal, will let you know he had friends on the jury, ( he never discussed the shooting with me, hell, in those days, you took a 10-8 the next day,) and he was the "reason" there was no true bill. Lord, I did love my career with the FHP....but I did not like working with a lot of the ass kissers and sycophants we had to deal with. 51 Years later, still drawing a pay check from the Kirkman Building, and not getting midnight phone calls. Life is good.

Unregistered

Retired FHP opinion

Hang in there Trooper, I've been there where you stand. The "news" media will crucify you. Your "stupedvisors" will back you up as long as the incident does not interfere with their career. Some of your fellow Troopers will monday morning quarterback the situation to the n'th degree. Were they there? If there is a coroners inquest, your asshole Lt., etal, will let you know he had friends on the jury, ( he never discussed the shooting with me, hell, in those days, you took a 10-8 the next day,) and he was the "reason" there was no true bill. Lord, I did love my career with the FHP....but I did not like working with a lot of the ass kissers and sycophants we had to deal with. 51 Years later, still drawing a pay check from the Kirkman Building, and not getting midnight phone calls. Life is good.
    Same here pal, and Im older than you , but I MUST say, jumping on that hood for traffic is really stupid ! I retired in 98, and did this crap for over 30 years. However what I saw on that video was basically dumb, especially these days.

Sure we had some crazy hot dogs like that years ago, administrative nightmares too, but we put up with em (I'm a retired FHP captain) they did look good on paper, and for stats, they were high producers, and made me look good, but doing stuff like that will just end up bad.

I always told my folks, don't make paperwork, and we'll do fine. Some people just don't learn do they ? I'll have to agree too, this guys future looks pretty bleak ? Good luck trooper !

Unregistered
    Wasn't there a Trooper in Pinellas who chased some guy down for stealing a sandwich and the owner came out to the Trooper and told him "I've just been robbed"? The Trooper chased the bad guy down and after the stop the suspect used his car to ram the patrol car 3 or 4 times. The Trooper fired on the bad guy ( and I do mean he was a certified bad guy). They fired the Trooper and OIG saw that charges were dropped against the bad guy. Can't remember all the details but I think it's on you tube. I'll try to find it and post it.

Unregistered

Question When, and where did he shoot the windshield

Same here pal, and Im older than you , but I MUST say, jumping on that hood for traffic is really stupid ! I retired in 98, and did this crap for over 30 years. However what I saw on that video was basically dumb, especially these days.

Sure we had some crazy hot dogs like that years ago, administrative nightmares too, but we put up with em (I'm a retired FHP captain) they did look good on paper, and for stats, they were high producers, and made me look good, but doing stuff like that will just end up bad.

I always told my folks, don't make paperwork, and we'll do fine. Some people just don't learn do they ? I'll have to agree too, this guys future looks pretty bleak ? Good luck trooper !
    Same thoughts here Cap, been doing this job for 23 years, and you wouldn't find me putting myself on a hood , or in that position ? Especially over traffic.
    Watched the video several times, but can't figure out exactly when he fired the shot (s) ? Was it while he was " Hood Surfing " or when he got off the hood , and fired from a standing position ? Either way , I think he's got a hard road ahead :-(

Unregistered

Trouble brewing for Miami Gardens shooting

Wasn't there a Trooper in Pinellas who chased some guy down for stealing a sandwich and the owner came out to the Trooper and told him "I've just been robbed"? The Trooper chased the bad guy down and after the stop the suspect used his car to ram the patrol car 3 or 4 times. The Trooper fired on the bad guy ( and I do mean he was a certified bad guy). They fired the Trooper and OIG saw that charges were dropped against the bad guy. Can't remember all the details but I think it's on you tube. I'll try to find it and post it.
    Sounds familiar ? Point is our guy jumping on that hood, looks really bad. I've only been here a year, but know better. It was just traffic for God's sake, what the hell was he thinking ? Watch the video again, I watched it 5 times on a big screen ???? Sure hope he gets away with it ?????

Unregistered

Thumbs up Latest shooting video. Looks a bit dodgy to me ???

Latest video below. Boy I hope they clear him, this looks very doubtful ????

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e79777787.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast