Progressive Discipline
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Progressive Discipline

Does the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office administer progressive discipline anymore?
    Isn't that a civil service rule?

Unregistered
    Seems like they'd just as soon transfer you, rather than do the paperwork on a disciplinary.

AD1

Discipline

Answer to the question is, "depends on who you are or what you can or what you won't do for them."
    Sometimes nothing happens and you do get transferred, but to even a more cush position.
    The best you can do is retire/resign and come back as a captain.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office administer progressive discipline anymore?
    Isn't that a civil service rule?
    With a few exceptions, the HCSO is no longer subject to civil service. They do still administer progressive discipline. If anything happens that they don't like they will progress quickly toward destroying your career.

Unregistered
    Sheriff's is still under civil service. I've heard this rumor for a long time that it's not.

Unregistered
    With a few exceptions, the HCSO is no longer subject to civil service. They do still administer progressive discipline. If anything happens that they don't like they will progress quickly toward destroying your career.
    They'll sure as Hell put some civil service rule violations in your paperwork IF, they write you up.

Unregistered
    The Hillsborough County Civil Service Board is a shared-services or centralized provider of services related to filling jobs, managing jobs, maintaining human resource policies, managing employee records, and ensuring fair treatment of employees.

The Civil Service Board serves 21 independent County Agencies who have nearly 10,000 combined employees.

The Civil Service Board also offers its services to other area government and private sector organizations on a fee basis.
    For more information about the Civil Service Board view our presentation: Your Strategic HR Partner.

Below is a list of the agencies served by the Civil Service Board. Clicking on an agency name will take you to the agency web site where, in many cases, you can see employment opportunities specific to that agency and additional information.
    Arts Council
    Aviation Authority
    Board of County Commissioners
    Children's Board
    Civil Service Board
    Clerk of the Circuit Court
    County Administrator
    County Attorney
    Environmental Protection Commission
    Expressway Authority
    Internal Auditor
    Planning Commission
    Property Appraiser
    Public Transportation Commission
    Sheriff's Office
    Soil and Water Conservation District
    Supervisor of Elections
    Tampa Port Authority
    Tampa Sports Authority
    Tax Collector
    Victim Assistance Program

Unregistered
    Sheriff's is still under civil service. I've heard this rumor for a long time that it's not.
    The Sheriff is still subject to one small aspect of civil service with regards to appealing some forms of discipline. Let me know if that has ever worked. But as far as hiring, promoting, transferring, or the vast majority of what civil service used to cover, that's gone. The bill that was signed into law last year let agencies except themselves from most aspects of the Hillsborough County civil service board and most agencies promptly did. You don't remember the office (and other county offices) pushing this as hard as they could?

Unregistered
    The Sheriff is still subject to one small aspect of civil service with regards to appealing some forms of discipline. Let me know if that has ever worked. But as far as hiring, promoting, transferring, or the vast majority of what civil service used to cover, that's gone. The bill that was signed into law last year let agencies except themselves from most aspects of the Hillsborough County civil service board and most agencies promptly did. You don't remember the office (and other county offices) pushing this as hard as they could?

This sounds like the same guy that was trying to start the thread bout "juicy stuff" it's usually that idiot Prev. He has been figured out in St. Pete as the idiot he really is. He likes to come over here and try and stir stuff up just like when he worked here. He pretty much tried to destroy the office with his stupid ways of trying to act smarter than everyone else. Too bad he was figured out and pushed out the door. Ain't that right Prev ? Hahahaha u been had boy.

Unregistered
    None of this came from me Major. I took my punishment like a man. Well, I cried when I got home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast