no traffic citations? *media read*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

no traffic citations? *media read*

What is the deal with there being no traffic citations in the districts? Officers can't do traffic enforcement if there are no traffic citations for them to write out. It has been over a month and Kendall, hammocks, Midwest don't have citations. Absolutely ridiculous! Either the Department needs to pony up and go digital or the state needs to stop refusing to send us citations. Also a chief needs to approve giving a box of traffic tickets to a district? Really?

this would be a good story on the bureaucracy between Mdpd and dot and how traffic safety apparently is neither of their priorities. Also a public records request for emails regarding this issue and the traces they've done trying to account for tickets would be easy.

Unregistered
    Hammocks has been without tickets for a year.

CALEA should investigate this & revoke the departments certification.

Unregistered
    I had a DUI case nolle pros because I only had 1 citation. I used it to write the DUI citation & included the PC for the stop in the narrative of my a-form. In court they said it wasn't enough since I never wrote a PC citation.

Thank you MDPD.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had a DUI case nolle pros because I only had 1 citation. I used it to write the DUI citation & included the PC for the stop in the narrative of my a-form. In court they said it wasn't enough since I never wrote a PC citation.

Thank you MDPD.
    Writing two citations is basic DUI arrest procedure. The first citation is your reasonable grounds to stop for, e.g., Careless Driving by improper change of lanes or failing to keep the vehicle within a single lane, classic DUI indicators. The DUI charge follows your observation of the driver's physical condition; that is, a slurred speech, incoherence, failing to steadily ambulate (walk; move about) and the classic odor of an alcoholic substance emanating from the driver's breath. Subsequent inability to perform required dexterity tests; that is walking heel to toe on a straight line and index to nose, will buttress your probable cause to arrest. Both citations must accompany the arrest form. Who were your FTOs and FTSs?

Here endeth the lesson!

316.1925 Careless driving
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/...0316.1925.html

316.193 Driving under the influence
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/.../0316.193.html

Unregistered
    Citations???? What's that? The county doesn't want to pay over time so they found not suiting officers with citation books a great way to avoid paying overtime. If they don't want you to issue tickets then just don't risk your life by stopping any violators. Have an outstanding click it or ticket campaign.

Unregistered

Tickets

The state of Florida wants all the departments to go digital. The mayor feels it's more important to spend $1M on body cameras for his re-election campaign instead of spending it to outfit all of us with digital citations. There is the real answer.

Unregistered
    Citations???? What's that? The county doesn't want to pay over time so they found not suiting officers with citation books a great way to avoid paying overtime. If they don't want you to issue tickets then just don't risk your life by stopping any violators. Have an outstanding click it or ticket campaign.
    So the managerially incompetent Gimenez, by not wanting to pay overtime for traffic court appearances and not issuing traffic citations books top police personnel to ensure such non appearances, is actually embracing and contributing to the "Ferguson Effect?" BRILLIANT, misfeasance manifested! In that case do with Gimenez' flow, do not stop anyone and less cite violators, except -- maybe -- after a traffic crash where the investigating officer or PSA can determined who was the at fault driver.

FDLE standards managing agents should look into this.

Unregistered
    they are doing you a favor, with cameras you shouldn't be stopping cars any way
    Last edited by MOD 680; 05-31-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Unregistered
    If you like the cameras then wait until every intersection and roadway have speed measuring devices with those wonderful cameras. Have it your way

Unregistered
    Why not? What are you hiding when the camera isn't on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast