SRT getting a helicopter - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what ur saying is, if a PO gets caught with a DUI or stealing that we should 39 them and PO's that PO's that technically got away with murder just transfer them out of the bureau while costing the county millions of dollars to keep their families quiet like it's all good. I remember the days when a PO would mess up the dept would just hide you somewhere and never be seen again. All I'm saying is The county keeps saying we don't have money to spend on necessities to the dept but they have money to buy SRT a helicopter. How about we buy higher lever chest plates for our vests, better laptops, or equip every green n white with tag readers.
    Wow, wow, wow. You're definitely a clueless rookie. Have you ever worn a vest higher than a level 3? My laptop is fine. I get my calls & 24 people without issue. You weren't here when we didn't have air cards. Every green & white had a modem that constantly kept going down. If you hit a bump too hard you're cable would unplug & you would have to pull over and play with the cables in the trunk. Tag readers? Do you have any idea how much a tag reader cost? Do you know we pay extra, monthly, to have access to LEARN (if you even know what learn is)? Go spot your own 22s without the use of a camera you zero.

Unregistered
    So what ur saying is, if a PO gets caught with a DUI or stealing that we should 39 them and PO's that PO's that technically got away with murder just transfer them out of the bureau while costing the county millions of dollars to keep their families quiet like it's all good. I remember the days when a PO would mess up the dept would just hide you somewhere and never be seen again. All I'm saying is The county keeps saying we don't have money to spend on necessities to the dept but they have money to buy SRT a helicopter. How about we buy higher lever chest plates for our vests, better laptops, or equip every green n white with tag readers.
    You are the kind of cop that would testify for the defense!!!. Why don't you do something extraordinary for the prosecution for a change and become an above all other cops....POS!!!

Unregistered
    I tip my hat off to those guys in SRT, it takes balls to go into some of the situations they go into. As far as the better equipment, I agree with what another person wrote on the previous post. My Laptop works just fine. My vehicle is decent and I get paid well for what I do. I'm not going to sit and hate on SRT for getting equipment that could help them better carry out there mission. Keep up the good work guys! Stay safe out there. The public / politicians don't have our back, and sadly neither do some cops.

Unregistered
    I heard this is happening , the current helicopters can't carry a team...

Unregistered
    I heard this is happening , the current helicopters can't carry a team...
    Maybe if they would all stop seeing the same "county Doctor" for their "low testosterone levels" maybe they wouldn't be so bulky and actually fit in one. LOL

Unregistered
    I hear they are going to bring Fernando back so he can be the SRT pilot.... lol an aerial 16

Unregistered
    About time they get a helicopter...every other major sheriff's office has one designated to SRT.

Unregistered
    They already got a flying garbage can I mean drone what more does SRT need???

Unregistered
    I was told by someone in the Directors office that MDPD aviation is getting a Bell Huey for tactical operations now we won't need to rely on CBP Blackhawks to bring death from above
    This is correct! I spoke to a guy who is the brother of a woman who ran into an officer from another department who is the uncle of a sergeant who over heard a conversation from a friend of a member of our SRT unit. So, this is right from the horses mouth!

Unregistered
    This is correct! I spoke to a guy who is the brother of a woman who ran into an officer from another department who is the uncle of a sergeant who over heard a conversation from a friend of a member of our SRT unit. So, this is right from the horses mouth!
    Cool!!! So when are we getting it??? 😄😄

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast