2016 abt awards - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 abt awards

Unregistered
    I am sure MM thought he had invented fire when he bored the attendees at the meeting. The simple fact is the North districts have been paperless for a couple years with no issues. He didn't invent the process. He didn't improve the process. He only created the impression he had something to offer. He didn't.

It causes my skin to crawl when one of these self appointed saviors wander in here and come up with an idea they want to present in order to save this agency. NEWS FLASH! If you thought of it someone else did too. There is nothing you can dream up that hasn't already been done. NEWS FLASH!!! The reason we stopped doing it is because it was stupid and or didn't work.

Unregistered
    It seems a lot of management and infighting problems are agency has comes down to damn paperwork. No one would have to worry about format, complications, style, font, etc. if our agency would find a streamlined report system like damn near every other agency has. Paperwork has to be done. But we make it the most insanely complicated process for nearly no good reasons.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It seems a lot of management and infighting problems are agency has comes down to damn paperwork. No one would have to worry about format, complications, style, font, etc. if our agency would find a streamlined report system like damn near every other agency has. Paperwork has to be done. But we make it the most insanely complicated process for nearly no good reasons.
    I agree to a degree. We need something more uniform. However, why is it so hard to for someone to take the time to make sure the fonts of an ops plan or an IR are the same? I have seen some idiots change font half way through a paragraph. Do these people even read what they are turning in? They look like complete garbage and not indicative of what a professional looking report should look like. For crying out loud, make half an effort people! Take some pride in your work!

Personally, I have seen some of the worst report writing ever... right here at ABT! Content? Detail? Organization? Basic facts?!?!?! HELLO!!!! I have seen people write better in entry level composition classes at the community college. Inspector reports? Don't even get me started on their reports. It's like they are held to a completely different (sub)standard.

Unregistered
    I agree to a degree. We need something more uniform. However, why is it so hard to for someone to take the time to make sure the fonts of an ops plan or an IR are the same? I have seen some idiots change font half way through a paragraph. Do these people even read what they are turning in? They look like complete garbage and not indicative of what a professional looking report should look like. For crying out loud, make half an effort people! Take some pride in your work!

Personally, I have seen some of the worst report writing ever... right here at ABT! Content? Detail? Organization? Basic facts?!?!?! HELLO!!!! I have seen people write better in entry level composition classes at the community college. Inspector reports? Don't even get me started on their reports. It's like they are held to a completely different (sub)standard.
    I'm not talking about making people write accurate and well written reports OR making sure they look good… I'm just talking simply about the process. You shouldn't have to open three or more computer programs or browsers to write one report. Add everything to Versa, create a cover in Business Objects, fix the inaccurate cover that doesn't pull everything people want from Versa, copy and paste a format (this weeks format version) from one word doc into the cover doc, etc etc. At the very least they should fix the Versa letter generator that can make a report in a standardized format and eliminate the dumb cover page (or make it generate within the report from Versa). We don't necessarily have to go get a new system, but we could be WAY smarter on how we use the current stuff.

And I agree, I've seen some AWFUL reports while at ABT. I'm glad supervisors actually care about fixing shitty reports, but we can fix the system which will allow us to focus on better report writing and ::gasp:: more field work.

I'm a star

Wow I'm a superstar

977 views in ten days wow. Guess what everyone at ABT reads this stuff. Got to love it.

Unregistered
    Whos ready for the annual two weeks of no i&e meaning 2 weeks pai vacation???????

Unregistered
    I don't have any first hand knowledge of the problems in Tamponia but that won't keep me from guessing. Audits usually involve something measureable like time or money. There was this one time at band camp when Mr. Miles did an audit to determine what happened to all the tater tots. It seems they bought enough tots to give everyone 8 tots per serving but by the second week they were out of tots and Mr. Miles was hopping mad because he didn't get his tots and had to have fried apples instead. Just something to consider.

Too f'in funny. I think we should mix tots and fried apples and call the frots.

Unregistered
    It's all comes down to two things. Poor leadership and lazy spoiled agents. The major needs to realize he created this mess. He owns the problem. So I'm thinking clean house. Major, Capt and Lieutenants turn in your notice
    BOOYA! Now that is a plan!!

Unregistered
    Too f'in funny. I think we should mix tots and fried apples and call the frots.
    Might want to google "frots" before you call a patent attorney. Unless you are from Michigan, frots seems like a bad idea.

Unregistered
    So Proud of you???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast