Cola?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cola?

Unregistered

Cola?

Are we ever going to get a COLA? While I appreciate the step plan, you can't keep giving a total annual wage increase less than the cost of inflation and expect to remain competitive. The vast majority of agencies give an annual step and COLA until the officer maxes out, then they receive a COLA to keep their pay even with inflation.

Getting a 1.5% total wage increase when inflation is 2-3% actually means you are earning less each year. A 5 year TPD officer now makes a base salary of over 60K. A 10 year officer makes more than a PCSO Sergeant, a 5 year TPD Sergeant makes more than a topped out PCSO LT. This will only get drastically worse every year we don't adjust for inflation and soon we will be back in the same mess which will require a huge sum of money to rectify.

Any deputy with less than 10 years on can go to TPD and earn more money and retire sooner with their 20 and out retirement and 5yr buyback option.

And yes I know TPD currently pays 12% in pension contributions, but their historical average is only 7%. Even when you deduct the extra 9% in pension contributions, their take-home salaries are significantly higher.

The top of our pay ranges are also being eclipsed by St. Pete, Largo, Clearwater, and Pinellas Park.

Unregistered
    Guess some people are just never happy.

Unregistered
    Bye Bye. Go work for TPD and STFU. Ungrateful Azzhole.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bye Bye. Go work for TPD and STFU. Ungrateful Azzhole.
    I can see why we lost 91 deputies last year.

Unregistered
    As long as there are plenty of young single guys who live with their parents or girlfriends and don't require much pay, but they love the shiny new Tahoes and other toys, there is no good reason to increase the pay. It's all a matter of turnover and recruitment. If turnover increases and recruitment dries up, then the administration will be under pressure to increase the pay. It's basic supply and demand.

Unregistered
    As long as there are plenty of young single guys who live with their parents or girlfriends and don't require much pay, but they love the shiny new Tahoes and other toys, there is no good reason to increase the pay. It's all a matter of turnover and recruitment. If turnover increases and recruitment dries up, then the administration will be under pressure to increase the pay. It's basic supply and demand.
    Unreal!!!!!! Pay is better now then it has been for a really long time. Do some comparisons before you mouth off. If you think it sucks then become deputy leaving #92. You are ignorant little whiners that need the shit kicked out of you. You have never heard the word no from your mommy who breast fed you into your teens. Welcome to the real world asshole.

Unregistered
    Are we ever going to get a COLA? While I appreciate the step plan, you can't keep giving a total annual wage increase less than the cost of inflation and expect to remain competitive. The vast majority of agencies give an annual step and COLA until the officer maxes out, then they receive a COLA to keep their pay even with inflation.

Getting a 1.5% total wage increase when inflation is 2-3% actually means you are earning less each year. A 5 year TPD officer now makes a base salary of over 60K. A 10 year officer makes more than a PCSO Sergeant, a 5 year TPD Sergeant makes more than a topped out PCSO LT. This will only get drastically worse every year we don't adjust for inflation and soon we will be back in the same mess which will require a huge sum of money to rectify.

Any deputy with less than 10 years on can go to TPD and earn more money and retire sooner with their 20 and out retirement and 5yr buyback option.

And yes I know TPD currently pays 12% in pension contributions, but their historical average is only 7%. Even when you deduct the extra 9% in pension contributions, their take-home salaries are significantly higher.

The top of our pay ranges are also being eclipsed by St. Pete, Largo, Clearwater, and Pinellas Park.
    Then go to TPD. Join the ranks of those who have gone there and realized the grass is not greener. The job is not better or easier. So go get your great pay that you you will end up with. What is stopping you???

Unregistered
    Little whining child who knows no better this place has never been in better shape. Pay is good and we finally got a step plan. Seriously go to TPD and pay your 12% in to the pension and run your 15-20 calls a shaft and be backed up 5 reports alll the time. Oh yea and look sharp wearing one of those carpenter/plumber tool belt gun belts. What a joke. This Sheriff has done more good for this agency than anyone imagined could be done. People got $10,000 pay raises a year ago and everyone got 2 raises in 1 year and now you ***** that you want more. GIVE ME MORE. Do you ***** when your girlfriend does you too? What about thanks Sheriff times are tough and you have really taken care of the deputies. BTW, tell us one thing you are lacking. The equipment, training, sheriff supporting the deputies and whole bunch of other stuff gets no better and you would know that if your sorry azz worked somewhere else like TPD or the Burg. Do you see other sheriffs/chiefs telling the media and Uhrus to go F themselves? They say yes Joe whatever you want and this Sheriff says get the F out of my way.

Unregistered
    Unreal!!!!!! Pay is better now then it has been for a really long time. Do some comparisons before you mouth off. If you think it sucks then become deputy leaving #92. You are ignorant little whiners that need the shit kicked out of you. You have never heard the word no from your mommy who breast fed you into your teens. Welcome to the real world asshole.
    You are too stupid and not worth arguing with, and an administration cheerleader, so you fit right in with the deputy job requirements. The Gualtieri administration likes morons like you.

Unregistered
    Little whining child who knows no better this place has never been in better shape. Pay is good and we finally got a step plan. Seriously go to TPD and pay your 12% in to the pension and run your 15-20 calls a shaft and be backed up 5 reports alll the time. Oh yea and look sharp wearing one of those carpenter/plumber tool belt gun belts. What a joke. This Sheriff has done more good for this agency than anyone imagined could be done. People got $10,000 pay raises a year ago and everyone got 2 raises in 1 year and now you ***** that you want more. GIVE ME MORE. Do you ***** when your girlfriend does you too? What about thanks Sheriff times are tough and you have really taken care of the deputies. BTW, tell us one thing you are lacking. The equipment, training, sheriff supporting the deputies and whole bunch of other stuff gets no better and you would know that if your sorry azz worked somewhere else like TPD or the Burg. Do you see other sheriffs/chiefs telling the media and Uhrus to go F themselves? They say yes Joe whatever you want and this Sheriff says get the F out of my way.
    1) Your'e a dildo.

2) I wasn't whining, I'm well aware of what Car1 has done for the agency and agree he has done more to the improve the pay, benefits, and equipment at PCSO than any other sheriff. The mess started when Rice threw the step plan in the trash and was exacerbated by the economic downturn. Again, implementing the step plan was GREAT, it placed everyone at a point where they should have been after years of wage freezes. However, it will be quickly become less than attractive going forward if it only provides a 1.5 -2% total wage increase each year while other agencies are giving 5% total Step/COLA wage increases. Newer deputies will become frustrated when their pay is only increasing at 1/3 the rate compared to officers they went to the academy with. It may come as a surprise to you, but the current generation of employees entering the workforce today aren't shy about career changes. They have little desire to be tied down to legacy careers with one employer and will not hesitate to take advantage of a better job opportunity. I'm sure you've been surprised often though throughout your life . How could you have known that licking your finger and sticking it in a light socket would hurt so much, or that yellow snow does't taste like a Polar Cup.

3) "BTW, tell us one thing you are lacking." Really? The original post clearly stated the "one thing" lacking at PCSO, at COLA to keep pace with inflation. Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strength. It's also unfortunate you are unable to have a rational discussion without hurling insults. Your jabs were neither creative or humorous. The majority of your free time is likely spent explaining to your mom why you don't have a girlfriend, playing Xbox, and wondering what the female anatomy looks like. I'm quite confident we will send a manned spacecraft to Mars before you get laid. It's apparent that you can't grasp whole numbers, let alone fractions or percentages, unfortunately a transfer to Economic Crimes just isn't in the cards for you. So let me break it down in terms you can understand, on any given night you have about as much chance of scoring as a one legged soccer player. When your day finally does arrive, it will be with an overweight gal form Wisconsin with low self esteem. You will likely marry her and impregnate her several times over. It will only be years later that you realize your bachelor pad, which you fully furnished thru Buddy Buy-Rite on revolving credit with a 29.9% APR, isn't condusive to raising a family. The fact you purchased a corvette and boat you couldn't afford will only add financial strain to your relationship. Your wife will take diet supplements and join a gym where she will meet a rugged man named Brock who recieves an annual COLA. She will leave you for him. Your already dire financial situation will be compounded after you are saddled with alimony and child support payments, culminating in Direct TV running a commercial based on your persona, "Peaked at Starting Pay Rob Lowe".

Don't be like that guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast