Final Contract offer - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So let's see if you don't have 10 years in and live in broward county you get a 2%, no increase in healthcare, and fuel fee doesn't effect you if you live in county. So minus the 4% first responder from the 2% cola and you get a MINUS 2% in your salary. If this is true this is complete garbage and IUPA should be ashamed of themselves. This shouldn't even be voted on. Why anyone out there would be proactive for this POS Sheriff is beyond me. I mean we already knew this sheriff was against us if this doesn't prove it nothing will.
    Your top out salary will be higher which means your retirement will be worth more, doesn't matter where you live. Think man!

Unregistered
    Leave the first responder alone. I'd take 2/2, no health contribution, and cut the fuel cost by 50%.

Unregistered
    LOOKS LIKE IMPASSE AND THE SHERIFF WILL NOT HAVE THE BACKING OF HIS OWN DEPARTMENT DURING ELECTIONS. The sheriffs most recent 3 year offer is 2/3/opener, no increase in healthcare and no more fuel fee. He will add the 5% 10th step in exchange for the first responder pay (which we should vote yes on the extra 1% here). And it will all be retro from October 1st 2015.
    I would have to vote that down unless we get an 11th step in exchange for the supplement pay. That's a 6 percent raise and a reopener which isn't going to get the job done and certainly doesn't live up to the Global Offer that was promised.

Unregistered
    "Your retirement will be higher!" LMFAO? I have a young family and a mortgage. I need more money now not twenty years from now when my kids are already out of college and my house is paid off. This is a good deal for deputies who live out of county and are five or six years from retirement. I'm guessing it was negotiated by deputies who live out of county and are five or six years from retiring.
    The offer is beyond a joke for everyone else. We should really give up first responder money and supplemental pay? According to some the fuel fee divides us but giving up supplemental pay does not.
    Here's an idea NEGOTIATE A RAISE FOR EVERY DEPUTY.

Unregistered
    "Your retirement will be higher!" LMFAO? I have a young family and a mortgage. I need more money now not twenty years from now when my kids are already out of college and my house is paid off. This is a good deal for deputies who live out of county and are five or six years from retirement. I'm guessing it was negotiated by deputies who live out of county and are five or six years from retiring.
    The offer is beyond a joke for everyone else. We should really give up first responder money and supplemental pay? According to some the fuel fee divides us but giving up supplemental pay does not.
    Yes because supplemental isn't pensionable and only applies to a select few. A pay step is pensionable and for everyone, the math is simple.

Unregistered
    Yes because supplemental isn't pensionable and only applies to a select few. A pay step is pensionable and for everyone, the math is simple.
    Yes the math is simple I'm not voting to give myself and family a pay decrease when we need the money now, for some future carrot way down the road.

Unregistered
    Yes the math is simple I'm not voting to give myself and family a pay decrease when we need the money now, for some future carrot way down the road.
    No one is suggesting you should. You and the rest of the junior CI and SET crew vote how your conscience and the rest of DLE will vote theirs. That's the beauty of democracy no one has to vote for anything they don't want.

Unregistered
    You are absolutely right. The poster that said "your retirement will be higher." "Think man." Is a f**king idiot. He needs to think. Funny the iupa VP who was just promoted happens to have over ten years lives out of county. So it's a great deal for him but it's absolutely BS for deputies that don't have ten years and live in county. I'll have to actually give 1% of my pay now total BS.

Unregistered
    I would have to vote that down unless we get an 11th step in exchange for the supplement pay. That's a 6 percent raise and a reopener which isn't going to get the job done and certainly doesn't live up to the Global Offer that was promised.

I'm going to go one step higher if this is the global offer IUPA is backing I will drop them and go to plea or fop. If this is the offer IUPA you dropped the ball and are worse than pba.

Unregistered
    I hope you guys know where are 4% first responder pay is going. It's going to the jailers with 20 or more years on.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast