Miami Police Current & Future Applicants - Page 5
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Turnover rate is pretty high; same situation that MPD is going through right now. But, what matters is getting your certification and experience to out on your resume. It made more sense for me to put my effort into a department that would hire me in less than 3 months, than a department that would give me the run-around for a year or more. While I'm in the academy and almost certified, some of you guys will just be waiting for a call to start the academy. I want to help anyone avoid making the same mistake I did. The experience you receive in Atlanta in a year will be more than some officers see their entire careers. And the COL in Atlanta is super cheap, so you may move there and grow to love it; I did. Good luck to anyone and everyone who decides to apply. I'll be monitoring the board for anymore questions.
    Good luck to you. I am almost in so I don't want to start my process over and I know I would have to make a trip up there to take certain exams.

Unregistered
    Any March applicants with any new news?
    I just got an email yesterday from somebody in HR saying that I am eligible.

Unregistered
    I just got an email yesterday from somebody in HR saying that I am eligible.
    Me too... now my fitness level at this point that's another story. :-/ working on it everyday.

Unregistered
    I like what I saw in Atlanta when I went on vacation there not too long ago. Let me see what I decide when I'm done with my Bachelors degree. My parents want me to finish my degree before I apply anywhere, can't blame them either, fed jobs want experience and degree, so I might as well focus on finishing this!

Any idea how long it'll take to work in K9 there?
    I agree'!!! Take your parent advice and finish your degree. It's better to finish now because once you start working and make money, school will be on the back burner. Having that Bachelors will make you look that much more attractive to the Feds and other agencies on any level.

And as far as K9 or any speciality untils, you have to wait one year from date of graduation from the academy. There are a ton of retirements and attrition taking place at the department, so I'm pretty sure you'll land an awesome gig in no time.

Unregistered
    Well, I am getting close.

Unregistered
    Just keep working you will eventually get to the physical condition you want to be in

Unregistered
    Make sure you are drinking enough water to stay hydrated. This summer weather is no joke at all.

Unregistered
    Yes sir or ma'am! Thanks.

Unregistered

Cool You can take em out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of them

Turnover rate is pretty high; same situation that MPD is going through right now. But, what matters is getting your certification and experience to out on your resume. It made more sense for me to put my effort into a department that would hire me in less than 3 months, than a department that would give me the run-around for a year or more. While I'm in the academy and almost certified, some of you guys will just be waiting for a call to start the academy. I want to help anyone avoid making the same mistake I did. The experience you receive in Atlanta in a year will be more than some officers see their entire careers. And the COL in Atlanta is super cheap, so you may move there and grow to love it; I did. Good luck to anyone and everyone who decides to apply. I'll be monitoring the board for anymore questions.
    Have you seen how many Negroes are in Atlanta ? They're everywhere !!! At least here in Miami, they basically know their place, and stay in their rotten, crime ridden ghetto hovels.

But in Atlanta, they are everywhere, because they think they are equal to the white man, so they move into white neighborhoods , and have good paying jobs ! No not me, I like the system here in S Florida, keep em in their part of town, keep em under paid , so they have to remain there, and I'm happy :-)

Unregistered

Question

Have they scheduled the June class already? I know they have another academy starting in September 2016, not sure if that's for the March applicants or the one's who have passed the process already? Any info?

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast