Miami Police Current & Future Applicants - Page 4
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In that case, Godspeed, pal! I applied on March 24th and I am patiently waiting. For Miami is where I want to serve a cause greater than myself.

101st Airborne Division, 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment veteran.

MPD, here am I, call me!
    Oh boy, here we go, another one that wants to Save the World, when will these people learn ? BTW buddy here you don't know who your enemy is, and you MUST account for everything you do. Best you join the county

Unregistered
    MPD doesn't hire too many veterans only if you're under the F&F plan. Good luck!

Unregistered
    Oh boy, here we go, another one that wants to Save the World, when will these people learn ? BTW buddy here you don't know who your enemy is, and you MUST account for everything you do. Best you join the county
    In that case, why don't you resign so I can take your place? And no, not "Save the World" just do the best I can while on duty to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime. In the end all we can do is try and be accountable for our actions, no?

Good luck to you should decide to join the County!

Unregistered
    In that case, why don't you resign so I can take your place? And no, not "Save the World" just do the best I can while on duty to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime. In the end all we can do is try and be accountable for our actions, no?

Should you decide to join the County, Good luck to you!

Poster's self-editing [/I]

Unregistered

Red face Just another Baker act Batman, or is he Superman ?

So lets get this right, and I quote :
    " While I'm on duty, to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime . " Unquote.

LOL, were you injured ,possibly blown up, IE - shell shock, or a victim of post traumatic disorder, while you were in the army ? Ok Superman, or is it Batman, you really need to put a rubber band on your head sonny, and snap out of it !

Your "Presence will ensure the area is free of crime, and the fear of crime " ? You see folks, this is the type of idiots we will get these days, another Baker act ! NEXT !

Unregistered
    So lets get this right, and I quote :
    " While I'm on duty, to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime . " Unquote.

LOL, were you injured ,possibly blown up, IE - shell shock, or a victim of post traumatic disorder, while you were in the army ? Ok Superman, or is it Batman, you really need to put a rubber band on your head sonny, and snap out of it !

Your "Presence will ensure the area is free of crime, and the fear of crime " ? You see folks, this is the type of idiots we will get these days, another Baker act ! NEXT !
    The man wants to be the new Captain Miami, he wants to save Miami. Little does he know is that the CJ system is a joke and for the most part to blame for all these crime which doesn't stop and won't let us do our job and save the city from evil unless we go out and shoot these thugs dead. Once you put the cuffs on that thug, take him to jail, by the time you're done with paper work that thug is back out in the streets doing the same thing. Welcome to reality this isn't a movie like bad boys II or Miami Vice or the TV shows like blue bloods, this is reality papo. You won't save the streets nor would you make them crime free. The court system is a money making machine, without recidivism they wouldn't survive. Good luck and go home safe it's not worth your life...

Unregistered

Don't worry, idiots like this never make it past the psychological exam.

Unregistered
    What's the process like?
    *Written Test-COMPASS(can be exempt with SAT or ACT scores
    *Physical-super easy! Pushups, sit-ups, and 5 minutes walking
    *Background Investigation
    *CVSA
    *Medical
    *Psychological
    THATS IT! then wait for your phone call to go to your speciality assignment until your Academy class starts

Unregistered
    That's funny, they are always hiring. Better look at their turnover rate before you make that commitment. It is a reason why they advertising in different state other then their own.
    Turnover rate is pretty high; same situation that MPD is going through right now. But, what matters is getting your certification and experience to out on your resume. It made more sense for me to put my effort into a department that would hire me in less than 3 months, than a department that would give me the run-around for a year or more. While I'm in the academy and almost certified, some of you guys will just be waiting for a call to start the academy. I want to help anyone avoid making the same mistake I did. The experience you receive in Atlanta in a year will be more than some officers see their entire careers. And the COL in Atlanta is super cheap, so you may move there and grow to love it; I did. Good luck to anyone and everyone who decides to apply. I'll be monitoring the board for anymore questions.

Unregistered
    I like what I saw in Atlanta when I went on vacation there not too long ago. Let me see what I decide when I'm done with my Bachelors degree. My parents want me to finish my degree before I apply anywhere, can't blame them either, fed jobs want experience and degree, so I might as well focus on finishing this!

Any idea how long it'll take to work in K9 there?

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast