Miami Police Current & Future Applicants - Page 22
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I too applied with MDPD in feb 2015. And I did receive the email assigning a BI to my file. They're just slow stepping and have a lot of files to work on. The city of Miami has been the fastest process I've been through. Yet, getting hired for the police is a long process, so even the fastest one can still take about 4-8 months.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To all the upcoming applicants, the advise that I have for you is to join some type of cross fit program while you are going through the process. Trust me, it will help once you make it through the process. The academy is no joke at all. Just watch the Facebook video of PAC 117 and 118 so you can get a small sample of what you will ordure. Again, I advise you to join cross fit and do your push-ups, sit-ups, swats etc. Unfortunately, I was not prepared and did not make it through. Good luck.
    "what you will ordure" LOL

Don't do too much cross fit guys, preserve your brain!

Unregistered
    Family and Friends only need to apply... I'm in the process still, no call, no email, no update. Yet, my neighbor who has friends in the department is starting the academy this week and applied the same time as I did. What a joke!
    That's because you aren't Cuban or Haitian enough.

Unregistered

conditional offer

I got a call Saturday morning to go in for my conditional offer, medical and part two of the psychological.

Unregistered
    I got a call Saturday morning to go in for my conditional offer, medical and part two of the psychological.
    Good job kidd.

Unregistered
    Good job kidd.
    Hopefully it's smooth sailing until the academy start date

Unregistered
    Be honest are you part of the Family and Friends? Do you know anyone in the department? Come on now! Don't lie now!

Unregistered
    Hopefully it's smooth sailing until the academy start date
    My recommendation is to keep on exercising and do a lot of cross-fit type of workout. This will help you with the intense workout during the academy once you make it in.

Unregistered
    Be honest are you part of the Family and Friends? Do you know anyone in the department? Come on now! Don't lie now!
    I do have two friends they only have two years in.

Unregistered
    My recommendation is to keep on exercising and do a lot of cross-fit type of workout. This will help you with the intense workout during the academy once you make it in.
    Hone in on the Bill of Rights; especially the Fourth, as most, if not all police contacts-stops are seizures and must be consistent with the Fourth Amendment "Reasonableness Standard." Get to know FSS 901.151, The Florida Stop and Frisk Law by rote. Also, learn the difference between "Reasonable Suspicion" and "Probable cause."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/.../0901.151.html

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast