Reserve Deputy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reserve Deputy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do not listen to all these old disgruntled deputies. The only thing this agency needs is to get rid of the old, lazy, disgruntled deputies who have nothing better to do then come on here and complain.

First of all, the reserves DO NOT take all the off duty details. They are only allowed to sign up for 1 detail per month. If a detail is open un-restrictive, which means no on else has signed up for it and it is within a week, they can take those, that's all.

The LT. these clowns talk about have never gave a dime to the agency that I am aware of. He worked for a bank and has been a reserve for 30 + years without being paid a dime. He is a LT because the reserve/auxiliary unit is the biggest unit in the agency. He is a nice man and even though he is older, he still patrols and backs deputies on calls.

Lastly, the reserve deputies that I have been around are great guys. They work full time jobs and volunteer after work and on weekends. I for one, love to see the reserves take calls and back me up when no other deputies are available.

I know some of them have take home cars, but not sure if they all do. I would call the sheriff office and ask for the Lt of the reserve program. He can answer any questions you have.
    How many reserve deputies are there? I'm avoiding speaking to any higher-ups as of yet. I feel like the LT of the reserves will just fluff up the reserve program to get anyone to join. Current reserves and regular deputies would be more honest about it I'd think.

The reserves get the old cars that are getting ready to go to auction. The accessories they put on the cars come from the "reserve fund". It is a fund that the companies reserves work for donate too "dollars for hours". The reason the cars look so good is the reserves take care of them. There is not a reserve car in the agency that has less than 150,000 miles. All the extra lights, push bumpers, etc.. does not come from the agency it is paid for by donations (reserve fund).

Like the poster above said, don't listen to the knuckle heads that continue to post negative comments on every subject.
    Hmm interesting. I didn't know the reserves was funded through outside private companies instead of the sheriff's office itself. I assume reserves are driving the crown vics and none of the new interceptors. Do you guys still have crown vics with the old school lightbars? lol

-OP

Unregistered
    They are not funded by private companies. The HCSO pays for uniforms and cars. The EXTRA stuff on the cars are paid for by private company donations (extra lights, push bumpers etc).

Unregistered
    They are not funded by private companies. The HCSO pays for uniforms and cars. The EXTRA stuff on the cars are paid for by private company donations (extra lights, push bumpers etc).
    Ah, I see. How often do patrol cars get rotated out of service and replaced?

I see command staff rolling around in the nice new vehicles which seems kind of pointless. You'd think those would go to patrol or even K9.

Also, this is a bit off topic now, but what is your policy on tint for patrol vehicles? I see some marked units with extremely heavy tint and others with no tint. Do you guys pay out of pocket if you want your vehicle tinted?

- OP

Unregistered
    Bro,YOUR kicking a dead horse non stop

Unregistered
    Bro,YOUR kicking a dead horse non stop
    You're*

Get back to work deputy.

- OP

Unregistered
    scat little guy

Unregistered
    Do not listen to all these old disgruntled deputies. The only thing this agency needs is to get rid of the old, lazy, disgruntled deputies who have nothing better to do then come on here and complain.

First of all, the reserves DO NOT take all the off duty details. They are only allowed to sign up for 1 detail per month. If a detail is open un-restrictive, which means no on else has signed up for it and it is within a week, they can take those, that's all.

The LT. these clowns talk about have never gave a dime to the agency that I am aware of. He worked for a bank and has been a reserve for 30 + years without being paid a dime. He is a LT because the reserve/auxiliary unit is the biggest unit in the agency. He is a nice man and even though he is older, he still patrols and backs deputies on calls.

Lastly, the reserve deputies that I have been around are great guys. They work full time jobs and volunteer after work and on weekends. I for one, love to see the reserves take calls and back me up when no other deputies are available.

I know some of them have take home cars, but not sure if they all do. I would call the sheriff office and ask for the Lt of the reserve program. He can answer any questions you have.
    Thank you for standing up for the reserve program, You are one hundred percent accurate, being a reserve myself, I really enjoy backing you guys up on the street and take the job very seriously. I would never personally want to take any money from any paid deputy by doing off duty details unless a last minute request was made by someone who signed up and had something personal or an emergency come up, I would do it to help them out.

With the exception of standard issue equipment, all the extras such as push bars on cars were provided via local business donations. We do not have the best of everything, we usually get the leftovers for the most part, some of us still have radios from the 90's and the old M tazers.

Unregistered
    How many crown-vics does the hernando sheriff's office have left?

Unregistered
    What are the responsibilities of reserves? Just back up, prisoner transport, etc?

Or can you elect to be a different level reserve like hillsborough sheriff has? I guess it all boils down to having to go to court.

Unregistered
    What are the responsibilities of reserves? Just back up, prisoner transport, etc?

Or can you elect to be a different level reserve like hillsborough sheriff has? I guess it all boils down to having to go to court.
    +1 for this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast