SOAR Program To End
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

SOAR Program To End

The SOAR Program will end at the end of the 2017 PY. This is the result of the recently imposed scheduling restrictions on the program. Troopers have used 28% less SOAR funds this PY and are sure to work even less SOAR next year. When the department returns millions in unused funds at the end of the year don't expect the legislators to approve the continution of the program.

Troopers must now work a minimum of 4 hours and the hours are not in conjunction with the shift.

Thank you Tallahassee.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The SOAR Program will end at the end of the 2017 PY. This is the result of the recently imposed scheduling restrictions on the program. Troopers have used 28% less SOAR funds this PY and are sure to work even less SOAR next year. When the department returns millions in unused funds at the end of the year don't expect the legislators to approve the continution of the program.

Troopers must now work a minimum of 4 hours and the hours are not in conjunction with the shift.

Thank you Tallahassee.
    That's not what we were told in Troop D. We were told by our Captain and Major that we are to schedule our soar shift thru our Sargeant.
    Two hour minimum and we pick when we want to work, they tell us where to work. We can work it inconjunction with our shift as long as we schedule it in advance.

Unregistered

Couldn't get worst!

I agree! It used to be a great way to make extra cash. They weren't happy with just monitoring the troopers, now they are making it impossible for troopers. How easy the colonel forgets of the poor little troopers that are making minimun wage. When you make $130 grand a year it's easy to screw the troopers over and over. Think we had it bad with brierton, just wait another year. The sinking ship will be history. As stupid as this soar restrictions are, FHP is only screwing themselves. Troopers will work 208 and no more soar. FHP activity will go down the drain. You would think Tally wants stats, stats, stats. I guess we were all wrong. Tally only cares about tally and taking care of themselves. The upper brass.....

Unregistered

Thank you Tallahassee.
    Please, nobody take this for anything more than made-up bullshit.

The poster has no idea what he's talking about. Nobody, including the Legislators themselves, know what they're going to fund next session because the Legislators don't even being to work on next cycle's budget until after the November election.

Also, "PY" doesn't mean anything. The OP is probably trying to abbreviate "fiscal year" but failed.

Unregistered

Thank you Tallahassee.

I do not understand your thought process. Can you work hireback anytime you want? Can you work hireback anywhere you want?
    At least they are letting us work SOAR in-conjunction with our shift and there is no limit on how many troopers can work. Can you work off duty any time you want?

What is up with this generation?

Unregistered
    So let's say I sign up to work 8 hours of soar on a Tues but something comes up at home and I can't make it, an I allowed to work 8 hours on Wed or am I screwed out of it till the next week? This is a bullshit sysrem all for the sake of accountability. So the guys humping evening shift will not have an extra body out when they need it to supplement for the lack of troopers all for the sake of accountability. Makes perfect sense to me.

JazzyJ

being accountable is a good thing

To the Op or any haters: Stop bringing down the whole body of Fhp by your negativity. Instead of thanking Tally, look at yourself if we lose it bc of attitude. It's free overtime for the taking. Not many jobs allow that and go towards your benefits. Think of it positively, like the man is trying to salvage the program before we lose it. If we don't curb crash response and deter aggressive violations by enforcement , how does the agency justify having the extra funds? Tally might be trying to salvage something good that's been on the chopping block every legislative year. Now get 10-8 and remember why you first wanted to be a trooper, reflect on that and hopefully it will stir your mojo back up.
    Being a "Poor little trooper" isn't too bad of a career these days in an unstable economy. And if it's just a job to you, maybe you should invest your time, talents and abilities somewhere you feel needed. Now, go wash your free car, after filling up with free gas, press your free uniform, clean your free gun and get to work. Otherwise just buy a prius to save gas and commute to your business job that will require numbers. Actually, you might have to buy your own laptop and clothes.
    Hope you find the desire again bud...we need good people with motivation to come to the table with an appetite again.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJ View Post
    To the Op or any haters: Stop bringing down the whole body of Fhp by your negativity. Instead of thanking Tally, look at yourself if we lose it bc of attitude. It's free overtime for the taking. Not many jobs allow that and go towards your benefits. Think of it positively, like the man is trying to salvage the program before we lose it. If we don't curb crash response and deter aggressive violations by enforcement , how does the agency justify having the extra funds? Tally might be trying to salvage something good that's been on the chopping block every legislative year. Now get 10-8 and remember why you first wanted to be a trooper, reflect on that and hopefully it will stir your mojo back up.
    Being a "Poor little trooper" isn't too bad of a career these days in an unstable economy. And if it's just a job to you, maybe you should invest your time, talents and abilities somewhere you feel needed. Now, go wash your free car, after filling up with free gas, press your free uniform, clean your free gun and get to work. Otherwise just buy a prius to save gas and commute to your business job that will require numbers. Actually, you might have to buy your own laptop and clothes.
    Hope you find the desire again bud...we need good people with motivation to come to the table with an appetite again.
    How awesome is this? Well stated, my friend.

Unregistered
    How awesome is this? Well stated, my friend.
    Amen Brother! 21 years on myself, and I share those thoughts. Call me anytime, I need a good zone partner.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJ View Post

We need more people coming on here and posting more positive writings such as this. I believe there are much more troopers that understand and are embracing the new change in SOAR procedures. This change is no big deal; we still have it and we just have to adapt to the small change before we completely lose it.

Jesus Christ, we have 16 hrs a week instead of 8, what more do these guys want, sit at home and earn OT, yup that’s what they want. They do not want to be told how many tickets to write, they do not want to be told how many contacts to write, now they do not want to be told where and when they can work. They need to go work in the private sector.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast