Sheriff Israel slams Marano in "open letter to PBA" on Facebook - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice grammar, PBA. Pathetic.
    Although I may join the PBA just to support this extremely important issue of staffing the Hollywood PD jail with full time deputies vs part time deputies. You guys definitely have your finger on the pulse of our concerns. Idiots.
    You are either a rookie or one of the Israel political hacks. The Booking Satellites were open so BSO deputies and municipal cops could drop off their prisoners quickly and get back to their city or District so more Leo's would be on the streets. Now every LEO in the county must either drops off their prisoners at the Main Jail or the Pompano Booking Satellite. This causes Leo's to be tied up for hours dropping their prisoners off.And don't give me that the crime statistics are down in Broward County. We all know the books can be cooked as they have been in the past. Most smart Leo's have stopped doing proactive policing due to the state attorney aggressively looking to prosecute LEO'S and the Sheriff not backing his deputies.

Unregistered
    Check out what Sheriff Israel posted today on his Facebook campaign page:
    https://m.facebook.com/notes/broward...4201730605442/

-------

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE EMPLOYEES OF BSO

To the Men and Woman of BSO:

I am proud to stand alongside you in green, shoulder to shoulder, as we – all BSO personnel throughout our great agency – work to make our community even safer.

Since taking office in January 2013, violent crime rates have dropped 18.4% and burglaries have dropped 42.3% in the areas patrolled by BSO. And this is due to the amazing work by the men and women in BSO uniforms who make a difference every day.

And, when it comes to total DLE compensation (base salary, first responder, pension/health), BSO now ranks among the top in the entire region. We rank significantly ahead of the Sheriff’s offices in Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Miami-Dade, and Orange counties. We also rank ahead in compensation/benefits of the police departments in Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Sunrise, Davie and Miramar. In fact, there are now only two agencies ahead of us on the most recent salary survey: Coral Springs and Coconut Creek (but both those cities pay longevity as a lump sum instead of a salary boost which ultimately places BSO ahead of even those agencies).

BSO’s aging fleet was ignored for years before I came into office. Since then, we put a fleet plan into place two years ago that is rapidly upgrading all our police vehicles on a schedule based upon safety and needs.

Employee morale throughout BSO is high, and our personnel all serve with a real sense or honor and dedication to duty.

Yet, despite all of the above, Broward PBA President Jeff Marano has clearly decided on his own to support another candidate for Sheriff this year. When I say “clearly”, it is apparent from his open support of one of my opponents and the disrespectful tone and false statements contained in the PBA’s candidate questionnaire. I’ve attached a copy of it so you can see for yourself.

The only reasonable and respectful response to Mr. Marano’s disrespectful survey is to not answer it. Please don’t see this as any disrespect towards the PBA members who work at BSO -- as I respect you and honor your selfless service protecting our community. I want your support, and sincerely ask for your individual votes. But conscience does not let me participate in a rigged endorsement process that disenfranchises – yet again – the individual voices of the hard-working PBA deputies, sergeants and lieutenants at BSO.

I won without the PBA’s endorsement in 2012. I intend to do so again. And, like in 2012, I hope to have the support of all the individual members of our BSO family – each and every one of you – regardless of whether you belong to FOPE, IUPA, PBA, FOP or IAFF.

Thank you for your consideration.

Fraternally,
    Scott J. Israel
    Sheriff

--

The PBA questionnaire:

Sheriff LOVES us. Sheriff supports the heck out of us.

WATCH VIDEO:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...miumvideo.html

Law enforcement turns out in force at court hearing for deputy charged with manslaughter

'Deputy Peraza, we've got your back': Supporters applaud deputy charged in shooting

Unregistered
    You are either a rookie or one of the Israel political hacks. The Booking Satellites were open so BSO deputies and municipal cops could drop off their prisoners quickly and get back to their city or District so more Leo's would be on the streets. Now every LEO in the county must either drops off their prisoners at the Main Jail or the Pompano Booking Satellite. This causes Leo's to be tied up for hours dropping their prisoners off.And don't give me that the crime statistics are down in Broward County. We all know the books can be cooked as they have been in the past. Most smart Leo's have stopped doing proactive policing due to the state attorney aggressively looking to prosecute LEO'S and the Sheriff not backing his deputies.
    Not a single other county if Florida has satellite. Everyone takes their 15s to the main jail everywhere else. Everyone working in Dade takes goes to TGK for booking. Why should we waste money on it here? But this PBA question was just about helping the HPD and PPPD (the only two PBA locals Marano cares about). We need our own BSO PBA local without outsiders like Marano.

Unregistered
    LEO's??? Really??? Go to your departments site you municipal troll deputies could care less about you. If you worked for BSO you would have written that crap. LEO'S... LMAO.

Unregistered
    More lies from our Sheriff. Morale is at a all time low. Broken promises that he did not fulfill. More top heavy than any other Sheriff's administration. He needs to learn from Sheriff Bradshaw how to be a leader who supports his troops. By the way Sheriff, Palm Beach gets paid better than BSO plus gets parity. If the FOPE supports our Sheriff, then there will be a mass exit of members quitting the union.

Unregistered
    His crime numbers are false just like power track was. Arrests are at a all time low along with traffic citations. If you are a criminal Broward welcomes you we are not a law enforcement agency anymore, thanks to Scott.

Unregistered
    His crime numbers are false just like power track was. Arrests are at a all time low along with traffic citations. If you are a criminal Broward welcomes you we are not a law enforcement agency anymore, thanks to Scott.

Sheriff LOVES us. Sheriff supports the heck out of us.

WATCH VIDEO:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...miumvideo.html

Law enforcement turns out in force at court hearing for deputy charged with manslaughter

'Deputy Peraza, we've got your back': Supporters applaud deputy charged in shooting

Unregistered
    This Israel-Marano fight got picked up by Buddy Nevins:
    http://www.browardbeat.com/broward-s...questionnaire/
    Nevins called PBA questionnaire "insulting" and said the PBA endorsement is worthless

Unregistered
    Not a single other county if Florida has satellite. Everyone takes their 15s to the main jail everywhere else. Everyone working in Dade takes goes to TGK for booking.
    Other counties have transport vehicles that come on scene and do pickups.

And I echo the sentiment about morale...people are scared to voice true concerns and morale is in the toilet.

Unregistered
    This Israel-Marano fight got picked up by Buddy Nevins:
    http://www.browardbeat.com/broward-s...questionnaire/
    Nevins called PBA questionnaire "insulting" and said the PBA endorsement is worthless
    My favorite Buddy Nevins piece before his ears and arms were twisted:

Demos Fed Up With Sheriff’s Blunders BY BUDDY NEVINS

I’ve watched Sheriff Scott Israel stumble from one misstep to another during his first eight months in office.

Within hours of his taking office, Israel allowed former Sheriff Ken Jenne to tour the sheriff’s HQ. This is a guy who went to prison.

Then Israel stacked the ranks of his new employees with political hacks that helped on his campaign.

Don’t forget the six-figure luxury cruise Israel took with his family and then valued it at the price of a Carnival vacation.

Those are all stunning political slip-ups that many novice city commissioners would have avoided.

Scott Israel Scott Israel with three campaign supporters he hired — (from left to right) Democratic activists Lisa Castillo and Ann Zucker, Israel and Pembroke Pines Commissioner Angelo Castillo (from Facebook)

But Israel’s budget request that may have been his biggest blunder yet.

First he asked for a $94 million increase. It was a total miscalculation of the political winds.

When the commission understandably balked at such a huge increase, Israel cut his request overnight. Now its up roughly $31 million.

Slicing that much off the originally request didn’t give commissioners must confidence in the sheriff’s money management. So when Israel showed up at the County Commission on Tuesday to justify any increase, commissioners were justifiably hostile.

They were even more unsympathetic when they discovered Israel wanted to use a big chunk of the money to give an extra 2 percent pay hike to deputies.

They were angry about another portion of the increase being used to hire more employees with resumes heavy on the politics and light on law enforcement experience.

The commissioners ignored his threats of layoffs.

Israel clearly didn’t like being questioned in public. He was all elbows and bluster.

“Am I someone who supports public safety?” Commissioner Chip LaMarca asked rhetorically.

“I don’t think you support it as much as you think you support it,” Israel fired back, according to Brittany Wallman at the Sun-Sentinel.

And with that little exchange, Israel can say “goodbye” to any chance of appealing his budget to the state Cabinet.

Is the Republican state Cabinet going to entertain any request from the sheriff who questioned the public safety credentials of the commission’s only Republican, LaMarca?

Just one more political misstep from the sheriff.

Israel clearly needs to regain his support on the county commission and other members of the Democratic political establishment. Oh, Ds won’t admit it publically, but Israel has been a major disappointment since he tossed out the GOP Sheriff Al Lamberti last November...

http://www.browardbeat.com/demos-fed...aels-blunders/

real journalism

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast