I was pleased to see that finally a black politician, the only one I might add, stepped forward to see for his self what the Sheriff has been transparent about concerning the stolen car/ deaths of three bf teens recently. Not one person in the media had the initiative to easily verify the condition of this pond like you did. Black youth crime, and the overwhelming discipline problems in our schools committed by these minority youths are just symptoms of a much greater problem. Ceo on a earlier post nailed this 100%. There are plenty of black single mothers out there that raise their children to do the right thing and get a education. Merely being a single parent is not by its self insurmountable. Having multiple children, from multiple fathers and receiving govt assistance is a middle class paying job now. Often, these women are I'll prepared to have children, much less to have multiple kids. Most of the kids end up without any structure in their lifes and grow up in the streets. Drugs, and the money from their sales is the easiest way to make money in the hood. Just a side note, your decriminalizing marijuana will only increase the street sales. The only group that will benefit from this, will be the Ken and Barbie kids who are otherwise successful and don't need this on their records and hurt their futures. Ken and Barbie however will be purchasing their marijuana somewhere wont they? Finally, why in the world are you the only black leader that has stepped forward? Without black leadership, and a honest assessment of the problems in the black community, nothing will change. Cleaning up the carnage of violence is our job. Breaking this cycle in the black communities will have to come from within.