What are the Unions waiting for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

What are the Unions waiting for?

For all the BSO unions....it's time to move forward with all the contract negotiations and to endorse a candidate for Sheriff.....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For all the BSO unions....it's time to move forward with all the contract negotiations and to endorse a candidate for Sheriff.....
    Shoot the unions can't even get this Sheriff to finalize a contract.

Unregistered
    Why would you endorse a candidate now? You have u.til june 1st to file. We dont even k.ow who all the candidates are yet.

Unregistered
    We all want to sign a good contract and move on. IUPA caught BSO hiding money and lying about where certain money is going!! This is why BSO held up negotiations.

Unregistered
    BSO's budget is always posted online. We are told the new budget proposal goes online this week. No money is being "hidden." It gets audited by the county and others, so the "hidden" idea is just crazy talk. From what I heard, most of the four remaining unions without deals are very close to contracts, if the County Commission approves Israel's budget request. Ask your reps for details, as Israel is asking for more money for us.

Unregistered
    Let's do a Survey Monkey and find out.

Unregistered
    BSO's budget is always posted online. We are told the new budget proposal goes online this week. No money is being "hidden." It gets audited by the county and others, so the "hidden" idea is just crazy talk. From what I heard, most of the four remaining unions without deals are very close to contracts, if the County Commission approves Israel's budget request. Ask your reps for details, as Israel is asking for more money for us.
    This budget year begin October 2015 and ends September 2016. Sheriff Israel is not going back to the county for more money in the middle of a budget year. The county already gave him a 24 million dollar budget increase compared to last year. Once the county gives the Sheriff his money he can spend it any way he chooses and yes he can move money and hide it until the next budget year. If there is money left over at the end of the budget year the Sheriff must return it to the County. The Commissioners. They then decide to keep it or give it back to the Sheriff as rollover to be used the following year. Money from the general fund has been moved to cover the shortfalls of the contract cities for years. Detention and Sheriff Lamberti went to war over this very issue because he took an additional 6 million dollars from the control room conversion on top of the normal money they take from the general fund every year to balance the total BSO budget.

Unregistered
    Just spoke with my rep, yes county money and detail fees are being used for things not disclosed to us. BSO tried to hide these expenditures from IUPA in the beginning of negotiations but it's finally coming out. IUPA pushed hard for ALL the financial documents to finally get us a decent contract. Don't except anything less than a 4/4/4, no fuel fee and no increase in healthcare costs OR a 2/2/2, 10th step, no fuel fee and no healthcare costs increase!!!

Unregistered
    Just spoke with my rep, yes county money and detail fees are being used for things not disclosed to us. BSO tried to hide these expenditures from IUPA in the beginning of negotiations but it's finally coming out. IUPA pushed hard for ALL the financial documents to finally get us a decent contract. Don't except anything less than a 4/4/4, no fuel fee and no increase in healthcare costs OR a 2/2/2, 10th step, no fuel fee and no healthcare costs increase!!!
    That was a fake post from PBA to get people passed off at IUPA when the above doesn't happen.

Unregistered
    That was a fake post from PBA to get people passed off at IUPA when the above doesn't happen.
    Negative, I am an IUPA supporter so ask people who are involved in negotiations before you post your incorrect statements on here. Trying to inform people on what is going on and why negotiations are taking some time. I pay my IUPA monthly dues and inquire about the ongoing negotiations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast