Rumors about south county fto's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Rumors about south county fto's

Rumor is South County FTO's are being changed from 10 hour shifts to 8's. Anybody know what the reasoning is for this and are North County FTO's going to be effected also or stay 12's? I was going to put in for FTO but just want to know where I should focus on north or south. I know Executive Staff members read these posts so maybe they (not all the speculative morons) can answer.

Unregistered
    All Fto units will work the same hours as regular patrol units, either a 8 or 12. Days off will probably be adjusted as well.
    People need to be Fto because they want to teach, not just to get good days off.
    That's why we have issues

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rumor is South County FTO's are being changed from 10 hour shifts to 8's. Anybody know what the reasoning is for this and are North County FTO's going to be effected also or stay 12's? I was going to put in for FTO but just want to know where I should focus on north or south. I know Executive Staff members read these posts so maybe they (not all the speculative morons) can answer.
    There are no openings first of all....they just had interviews so your a little late sir. The reason behind the change is because of south county FTO's who have milked the system long enough at the expense of minimal exposure for recruits coming through the program. The "what's in it for" me mentality will soon be gone and replaced with those who desire to be an FTO for the right reasons.....not to get a new Tahoe with weekends off. You will soon see how many FTO's leave the program because of selfishness and greed.

-Speculative Moron

Unregistered
    Just love the latest assigned fto, less than 3 years experience. Let's continue to hire talent elsewhere only to be critique by rooks

Unregistered
    All Fto units will work the same hours as regular patrol units, either a 8 or 12. Days off will probably be adjusted as well.
    People need to be Fto because they want to teach, not just to get good days off.
    That's why we have issues
    All this is only IF we go to 12's south county. If we don't go to 12's all stays the same.

Unregistered
    Wrong, Fto 10s are over after this bid either way.

Unregistered
    Wrong, Fto 10s are over after this bid either way.
    The entire system is broken and no one is going to change it because only one persons decisions matter. So stop crying and go with the flow or face possible punishment.

Unregistered
    The entire system is broken and no one is going to change it because only one persons decisions matter. So stop crying and go with the flow or face possible punishment.
    Wtf are you even talking about???
    I bet you are a negative person always *****ing about something

Unregistered
    Maybe the incentive for FTOs should be training the future of the agency...and not occupying space for the sake of weekends off and a truck.

Its sad that coming across an FTO that is tough on their recruit is a unicorn of sorts. It takes all kinds, but frankly many of the FTOs I've worked with on the road are slugs that are setting up recruits for failure.

Years of experience being a turd will only yield more turds. There are knowlegable Deputies on the road that actually work, and have something to offer that the lifers sucking up weekends off simply won't. The recent guy that got an FTO gig is a good example. 3 years in the road is irrelevant when the guy knows his stuff and actually makes good well reasoned arrests. Of someone with prior experience is so full of themselves that they can't learn from a guy with three years...then I think it's clear why they left Pasco County in the first place.

Unregistered
    The above is the most truthful post I have seen in years!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast